Conspiracy Theory

Who said this? Alex Jones or Rush Limbaugh?

“What if Ayman al-Zawahiri gave up Osama bin Laden for the express purpose of making Obama look good? Giving Obama stature, political capital?”

If you guessed Alex Jones, you would have guessed wrong.

That was Rush Limbaugh today suggesting that Al Qaeda wants to keep President Obama in power because he is sympathetic toward their cause.

As far as conspiracy theories go this is pretty far out there, and the reason Rush Limbaugh and his ilk on hate radio are sounding increasingly unhinged is because they’re running out of ideas.

All of their usual rhetoric has been exhausted or disproven if for no other reason than the passage of time and the absence of the apocalypse, so to maintain a conversation they turn to conspiracy.

Unfortunately for them others have already perfected the art of conspiracy mongering, so in Rush Limbaugh’s case he simply comes off as a rabid, partisan racist rather than a true believer.

Mitt Romney and Limbaugh are now presenting a unified message that the president is an appeaser and a terrorist sympathizer, but will anyone buy it? The Republicans were unable to persuade enough people that the president was a Manchurian candidate in 2008 so I don’t believe they’ll be able to in 2012 either. This merely makes Mitt Romney seem increasingly unfit for office.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • mzmijewski

    How about if you put together a list of the top 100 things that make Mitty unfit for the job? Should not be that hard.

    I’ve been waiting years for fat boy to jump that shark. He keeps jumping it, and I keep waiting for it to gobble him up. He started channeling more crazy in response to the many wing-nuts that followed his success, just to try and remain relevant. The next time he jumps the shark, we need to have a sharpshooter ready to shoot his guide rope. That poor shark is starving to death.

    • D_C_Wilson

      He jumped the shark, the shark bit him, then it died of terminal nausea.

  • D_C_Wilson

    So, Al Qaeda likes being hit with more drone strikes in 3 years than Bush did in 8?

  • D_C_Wilson

    You know, I keep wondering when Limpballs will finally find the bottom. When he will finally say something so vile, so hateful, so treasonous that even his most ardent dittoheads would not longer defend him.

    So far, that day has yet to come.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I keep wondering when his kidneys will die out on him.