Creepy Quote of the Day

Boss Hogg will probably regret saying this.

“While I would love for Christie to put a hot poker to Obama’s butt, I thought he did what he was supposed to do.” -Haley Barbour on Chris Christie’s RNC speech

Is Barbour implying that he would like to see the president branded with hot iron? I don’t know, but I do know this is incredibly creepy.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    The GOP – trying to make ends meat.

  • JWheels

    Come on, I dislike the GOP and people like Haley Barbour as much as you do, but it’s obviously just a figure of speech.

    • agrazingmoose

      A figure of speech from a man from a state that used to brand their slaves.

      He chose his word intentionally.

        I tend to disagree with that.

  • Brutlyhonest

    There is something about the wingnuts, especially the super-duper homo-phobes, and their obsession with men’s asses.

    “Is Barbour implying that he would like to see the president branded with hot iron?”

    Ashby……..you’re really reaching there. :)

    In all honesty, that is the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the quote on another site. Why didn’t he use something more common? That is just a very weird metaphor to use.

    • JWheels

      My theory is that it’s because he’s from the South… and Ashby is right that he resembles Boss Hogg lol

        I am from TN and my family is from Mississippi from way back. Sadly there are tons of old white men who look like Boss Hogg. :)

        The thing is…a hot poker was only used for certain things down South (and in most parts of the world). They didnt use it on animals…if they wanted to get them moving they had other means that wouldnt harm the livestock. A poker was used to warm up water or a beverage quickly (as in mulled cider). To put writing or decoration onto wood. To make holes in glass, provided one was wealthy enough to own glass. To stoke a fire, of course. Or it was used to torture people and/or to brand slaves or criminals. That’s pretty much it.

        • JWheels

          So you’re saying that I am being too understanding and it’s not just a colloquialism but a subtle racial thing? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, I’m too forgiving of these guys sometimes.

          • agrazingmoose

            It is most definitely racist.

            The question is, would Barbour have said that if the Pres was white? I don’t think he would have and given the known uses of a poker in regards to people….IMHO, it’s racist

    So, how many times have we heard someone say they’d like to stick a hot poker or a poker or a stick up someone’s ass?

    Personally, I’ve heard it plenty.

    (And I despise Haley Barbour)

  • D_C_Wilson

    The first thing I thought wasn’t branding slaves, but that it sounded kind of homoerotic.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    I’d like to punch Haley Barbour in his fat gut until he pukes out all that he’s eaten that day.

  • chris castle

    Zero percent.