So let’s do the list.
1. Week of August 27. Disastrous convention for Romney when his speech is totally overshadowed by a doddering old man doing some kind of weird performance art. Negative bounce follows.
2. Week of September 3. Stellar Democratic convention in which Michelle Obama, President Clinton, Deval Patrick and the president himself landed a huge bump for the campaign.
3. Week of September 10. Romney bungles his response to the 9/11 embassy attack in Benghazi, and then bungles the response to the response.
4. This week. Politico publishes a damning insider look at a Romney campaign in disarray.
5. This week. Hidden camera videos released.
That’s four weeks of disaster for the Romney campaign.
Yesterday, Keith Olbermann released a video of himself delivering a would-be Special Comment, but instead of talking he just laughed uncontrollably at the Romney meltdown. And he’s not the only one declaring an end to the Romney campaign.
I really hate to be a Debbie Downer (again) but this election is far, far, far from over.
The above list is pretty dismal, yet the Gallup Daily Tracking poll among registered voters only shows the president up by one point. One! Statistically a tie. Meanwhile, there are still numerous Voter ID laws on the books which could potentially disenfranchise thousands of Obama voters at the polls. And, above all, there’s another month and a half to go.
Yes, the Romney campaign appears to be melting down but I won’t have a good laugh like Olbermann at Romney’s political ineptitude until and if the president is re-elected.