Hillary 2016

Lovely photo of the Secretary of State in Timor-Leste watching her husband deliver his badass convention address Wednesday night.

I’m looking forward to watching this complicated, talented and historic couple take a once-around in 2016.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • sherifffruitfly

    There is no circumstance under which I’ll vote for her and her birtherism-institutionalizing, “inadequate black male” campaign.

      Hmmm, I know a lot of people blame the Clinton camp for starting birtherism but I wasn’t paying a whole lot of attention at that point in 2008. All primaries are often pretty ugly. I mean, look at what happened between Carter and Kennedy back in the day. It was brutal and when that happens the other side always has the opportunity to latch onto one of those tactics. The same is true for us. We are using things against Romney that came from Gingrich and Santorum during their Primaries. But Mitt won’t hold grudges against the two of them for it. I don’t know….that’s just my thoughts on it. If anyone has links on proof as to why the birtherism claim can be laid at Hillary’s feet, I’d like to see them.

    • stacib23

      I won’t charge her with originating the birtherism stuff, but like you, I don’t think I will ever vote for a Clinton again. I think she has done a fantastic job as SOS (certainly proved me wrong there), but I cannot see her in the Oval Office. It wasn’t just the South Carolina stuff either. The unnecessary lie about ducking bullets on the tarmac was it for me. If you will blatantly lie to win a primary, what in all hell will you say as the sitting president.

      • KXA

        Stacib33: Really? Lying in a primary campaign will keep you voting for a candidate? I don’t think you really mean that. How did you rate the Obama led filibuster of FISA. Oh ya, that’s right he didn’t filibuster. After Pres. Obama won the primary he voted for the bill. So you voted for Nader? Or did you not vote at all?
        As for South Carolina, do you really think the Clintons are racists??
        I look forward to your response.

      How did she start the birtherism stuff? I sincerely want to know, because I can’t recall Clinton doing that.

      puzzled……

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Hillary will be 69 years old on inauguration day 2017. Joe Biden will be 74.

    That said, I think the nomination is hers if she wants it. She’s definitely going to step down as SoS next year (no one could do that job for more than four years) and get some rest in the meantime. If Biden runs, I’d rather she didn’t; if not, fine, but I can’t guarantee I’ll support her in the primary. I didn’t like the campaign she ran against Obama, especially the attempt to retroactively change the rules after Michigan and Florida had already voted.

  • Ipecac

    I won’t vote for her as I’m against political dynasties (case in point: multiple Bushes). There is plenty of talent on the Democratic roster so I’d just as soon vote for someone whose spouse wasn’t already President.

    • JackDaniel07

      Not even Michelle? ;)

        I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for Michelle to run. Sadly, she has said that she will never run for a political office.

  • chris castle

    Besides the fact Hillary and Biden could be considered too old, as they say, the former carries too much baggage for the general campaign and the latter is too much of a live-wire. I love both of them, but with an open-seat contest, and the political-pendulum likely beginning to swing the other way (e.g. Gore 2000), we will need someone fresh, not associated with the current POTUS, who is, nonetheless, awesome.

    I hope someone else steps up.

    I love Joe Biden to pieces, but he will be 74.

    I would have a difficult time voting for Hillary because of the business during the primaries in 2008.

    That said, if no one else is as likely to be able to keep the republic in Democratic hands, I would support Hillary Clinton, believing that she would be a sure winner, and probably a very fine president.

    I am a pragmatist.

  • muselet

    I hate to burst anyone’s bubbles, but Hillary Clinton has consistently said she will not run in 2016. True, she’s never said “never,” but she has responded to questions with a flat “no.”

    She would be a far better president than any of the GOP’s *ahem* deep and diverse bench (Chuck Todd, you are a twit), but let’s face it, so would at least three of the four Teletubbies (I’m not entirely sure La-La could take the pressure, but I’m willing to be convinced).

    Let’s just get through the next four years of R obstructionism, shall we?

    –alopecia

  • eljefejeff

    well if history is any guide, since republicans always nominate the runner up from the previous primary, Rick Santorum will be their nominee in 2016. Which means we can run pretty much anyone we want.

    Lots of great choices…Hillary, Andrew Cuomo, Cory Booker, Deval Patrick….Julian Castro as VP? I’d love to see a woman but I don’t know who it would be besides Hillary. Biden can’t run, he’s too old and no one sees him as presidential. I hope he realizes that, cuz I love him as VP now, I just see him retiring in 4 years.

    • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_TZY6VVBBZOIB44RTWWHDKLTYTQ Myhero

      What about Elizabeth Warren?

    • muselet

      “well if history is any guide, since republicans always nominate the runner up from the previous primary, Rick Santorum will be their nominee in 2016.”

      Oh, please let it be so!

      Cuomo would be my first choice possibly with Deval Patrick as VP.

      Castro? Maybe. I think I’d prefer that he get some seasoning as a governor or senator first.