Idiot Quote of the Day

I’m beginning to get the impression that Mitt Romney really isn’t very smart.

“When you give a speech you don’t go through a laundry list, you talk about the things you think are important.” Mitt Romney on not mentioning the troops

The men and women who would be serving under his command, who are currently engaged in Afghanistan, did not make Mitt Romney’s “laundry list.” And that’s a fairly important item. Equivalent to forgetting to wash your magic underwear.

And why wouldn’t you go through a complete laundry list during your convention acceptance speech when everyone is watching?

To not mention them even once when you supposedly want to become president is irresponsible at best. It gives the impression that you don’t care. And flubbing this kind of question after the fact just makes you look like an idiot.

By the way, did I mention Mitt Romney wants to privatize veteran’s benefits?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    Mandroids can’t be expected to do everything. Geez.

  • Username1016

    And “You talk about the things you think are important” directly implies that the troops are not important. Charming.

    • GrafZeppelin127

      How does he not get that?

      • muselet

        The RomneyBot’s programmers botched a subroutine.

        –alopecia

  • Lavander

    A true gaffe. When you inadvertently tell the truth.

    He cares about being elected President. That’s it.

    The amount of time I spent over the years trying to explain to other military people and their families that pro-defense industry is not pro-military was mostly wasted.

    No matter the truth laid out for them by Rmoney, they will still vote for anything with an R next to it because the “fact” that republicans will “take care” of them is too deep in their belief system.

  • http://twitter.com/Sweetey15 Janet ODell

    Let that mofo call me a “laundry list” and I’ll show his sorry ass a damn laundry list. Won’t be pretty either.

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    WTF?! Seems like Mittchen likes the idea of a military.. just not the military itself.

  • http://profiles.google.com/bh4099 Thx 4 Fish

    When one can’t admit to even a small error this is the kind of response you get: reflexively defensive and utterly stupid. We need leaders who are well-balanced mentally, not people who so often display character defects that will cause problems with foreign and domestic relations.

  • i_a_c

    Fox News sees the writing on the wall and is throwing in the towel on Romney. They want to be able to say that they lost because their candidate sucked so bad. And they would be right, Romney sucks, because of deplorable, tone-deaf moments like this.

      That’s no shit. I was waiting for my Big Mac today and they had Fox News on the TV in the dining room. I couldn’t believe the way they were trashing Romney and his side kick Eddie Munster. I almost choked on my french fries.

    Not an idiot, Ashby–an asshole.

    I believe that the Republicans are done with Willard–if not now–soon. And I think the reason is that Willard inadvertently (Or as Ashby points out because he is an idiot…) stepped on the holy grail of the Republican party. When he failed to mention the troops or the war during his convention blather, he went where no Republican has gone in the modern era.

    Republicans believe that they own foreign policy and especially any policy concerning the causing and fighting of wars. I think that Willard has committed the unpardonable sin for conservatives and Republicans. They won’t take this lightly–and if they do they would be bigger hypocrites than they are now. If that’s possible…

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Mitt Romney really, really hates the troops.

  • AJ Slemmer

    Shorter ShitMitt: “I don’t know any troops, but I have some friends who own the military industry.”