‘Both Sides’ Quote of the Day

You can have my both sides meme when you pry it from my Slate-pitching hands.

This is gross false equivalence.

The recording of Mitt Romney is completely unobstructed and features him alone speaking his mind. There is no selective editing, deceptive pimp costumes, or outside influences. No one is coercing Romney to say incriminating things. It’s just Mitt Romney in his natural habitat. A “quiet room” sans the clanking and clattering of expensive silverware.

Furthermore, this video has not been followed up with an act of congress to defund an innocent organization that aided the poor, although I’m sure that’s what we would see if Romney were elected.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • theronware

    I wouldn’t expect this from Weigel, damn.

      Weigel has long or always been more conservative than liberal. Granted, he is more rational than most modern day wingers, but he is still conservative.

    Gross false equivalence, indeed. And fuck the damn right wing too!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Dave Weigel, you are the fucking stoopid.

  • http://twitter.com/Sweetey15 Janet ODell

    Weigel has nothing whatsoever going for himself. He’d bow to satanic Breitbart to get attention. Well, I guess he already has.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Slate writer Weigel said something ridiculous.

    Just another reminder for me about how Slate has become worthless.

  • Brutlyhonest

    It appears he achieved his goal of garnering attention.

  • mrbrink

    Who knew Dave Weigel was a fan of Bum fights and pissing in the faces of the powerless?

    What Mother jones did was actual journalism on par with Clark Kent exposing Lex Luther’s plan to fuck the world a new ass.

    But Dave Weigel is going to go ahead and bring the lube just in case. He couldn’t bear to watch such a mass bloody dry fuck. He’s still got some standard of ethics, right?

  • incredulous72

    James O’Keefe’s fake tapes about pimp and hoe welfare recipients and doctored Shirley Sherrod stories, compared to Romney’s entire tape being aired to the world in which he confesses to his so aptly put by the cartoon tonight, “let them eat shit and die” perspective on the half of the country (which is more like 85%) that makes less than $250,000 a year.

    Weigel needs remedial lessons regarding the term “false equivalency”.

    (I know, I know — one period and really bad grammar. Forgive me, I was on a roll.)

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kitty-Smith/100000047475312 Kitty Smith

    This comparison only fucking works if O’Keefe wasn’t a liar and a jackass deceptively editing his videos and recording them under false pretenses.

    Apparently, Weigel thinks O’Keefe is honest and a good journalist.