It’s The End of America

On one hand, this is hilarious. On the other hand, it’s really, really terrible. I’m conflicted.

The fourth episode of “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,” TLC’s reality show about a self-proclaimed “redneck” family, drew more viewers in a key demographic Wednesday night than vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan’s speech at the Republican National Convention drew on Fox News, the nation’s biggest cable news network.

Among adults 18-49, the show pulled a 1.3 rating with 2.9 million viewers, according to Nielsen.

The half-hour series is a spinoff from TLC’s hit “Toddlers and Tiaras.”

Sure, the number of lies in Paul Ryan’s speech outnumbered the number of facts 100:1, but the good news is more people were watching Honey Boo Boo than him.

Maybe that’s not good news. I’m not sure.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in End of America and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    Hopefully, those that tune in to watch Here Comes… That! aren’t going to be voting in November.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    Honey Boo Boo’s house is where Palin will give her convention speech.

  • http://www.facebook.com/beth.still1 Beth Still

    I watched one episode of Honey Boo Boo. It was like watching a train wreck–I couldn’t look away, but I felt really awful afterward. HOWEVER, nothing anyone on that show does affects me and mine, so I consider it harmless. Unlike the circle-jerk going on at the repub convention.