Jackass Quote of the Day

House Majority Shitkicker Eric Cantor (R) has absolutely no idea what Labor Day is all about.

No, today is not the day we celebrate those who took a risk with other people’s money and lives to achieve their great Success of owning a hedge fund. This is not the day we celebrate the success of the vulture capitalists who load workers up with debt and raid their pensions.

The other 364 days of the year are reserved for celebrating the arrogant genius of the masters of the universe. Nearly every day is Hedge Fund Manager’s Day in America.

Labor Day is for celebrating organized labor (read: unions). Congress declared Labor Day a national holiday following the deaths of workers during the Pullman Strike. It was signed into law by President Grover Cleveland.

Eric Cantor’s perversion of history is a spit in the face of people who actually work for a living.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • rob black

    Eric Cantors very political existence is a spit in the face to those who work for a living.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    I’m sure Eric Cantor knows what Labor Day is all about. He just deliberatly chooses not to give a flying fuck about it. It would not surprise me if Cantor and his fellow wingnut weasels in the GOP decide to rename the holiday from Labour Day to Job Creator Day, should, God forbid, they regain power.

    • Brutlyhonest

      They’ll stick St Ronny teh Raygun’s name on there for good measure. You know, because he was the ultimate friend of the worker.

  • muselet

    House Majority Shitkicker Eric Cantor (R) has absolutely no idea what Labor Day is all about.

    You’re surprised?

    Also, Nearly every day is Hedge Fund Manager’s Day in America. reminds me of an old “Peanuts” cartoon.

    Cantor also repeated/recited the “Every president except Carter and Obama has been able to say we’re better off than four years ago” line from the GOP’s improv act today. They’re just going to keep saying it until it becomes true.

  • $30854855

    To be fair though, Cantor is a lying sack of shit.

  • http://twitter.com/Sweetey15 Janet ODell

    Cantor will be HISTORY come November 6. Can’t wait.

  • Brutlyhonest

    It always shocks the hell out of me when rwnjs revise history to fit their agenda :P

    No, today is not the day we celebrate those who took a risk with other people’s money and lives to achieve their great Success of owning a hedge fund. This is not the day we celebrate the success of the vulture capitalists who load workers up with debt and raid their pensions.

    The other 364 days of the year are reserved for celebrating the arrogant genius of the masters of the universe. Nearly every day is Hedge Fund Manager’s Day in America.

    Damn, Ashby, you said that so good!

    [attention, grammar police, I am fully aware that I used improper grammar.]