Joe Scarborough Reacts to Romney-Ryan Chant

Quote of the Morning: “Sweet Jesus.”

I imagine most conservatives are waking up every morning like that.

Seriously, what’s wrong with Romney? As I wrote on Twitter yesterday, I’m running out of fresh synonyms for “awkward” and “inept.”

  • Nanotyrannus

    Yeesh. And what was creepier was that awkward moon-eyed love-pawing they both greeted each other with, like they want us all to think they’re totally besties now.

    Maybe Ryan was looking for that switch like Threepio has so he can turn him off or something.

  • rob black

    “It’s pathetic, like watching a wounded seal try to get back to the safety of the shore before the killer whale finishes it off.” – Rude Pundit

  • incredulous72

    I felt bad for Romney for approximately .02 seconds.

    That’s all the compassion I could muster up.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I felt more bad for Joey Starbucks. He knows he can’t carry water for this android any more, but he has to.

  • gescove

    The Republicans made their bed. Now let them lie in it. I have exactly zero sympathy or compassion for them, their idiotic candidates, or their pathetically anachronistic and self-destructive party. None.

    • http://twitter.com/Sweetey15 Janet ODell

      Yes. The horrific racist hate that the majority of the GOP have thrown at our President, his wife, and children for the past 4 years is beyond the pale. I for one am thrilled to see President Obama finally getting the respect he deserves – and the GOP getting their asses kicked to the curb.

  • http://twitter.com/Sweetey15 Janet ODell

    When I flipped on the teevee at 7:00 this morning and immediately saw the group around the table (and Joe “dead intern”) with his head in his hands saying “sweet Jesus” I froze thinking something horrible had happened overnight. What a delight when Mika started talking about the Ryan/Romney demise. This is turning into a damn comedy of errors for the Ryan/Romney campaign. Screw ‘em. ALL of the GOP had this coming. Karma baby.

  • Ellen Kuhlmann

    Amazing, he keeps finding ways to make things worse. He’s an innovator all right, just not the kind he thinks. :)

  • http://twitter.com/dyna_chem_net Jay T. Goodwin

    Stuxnet virus has invaded his operating system. Multiple reboots have not solved the problem.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Remember that episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where Data tried to learn how to tell jokes?

    Yeah, it’s that awkward.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Except Data was more likeable than Mitt Romney. And he has more circuits and hardware built into him than Romney.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Plus, you can’t make Data forget what he just said by picking him and giving him a vigorous shake.

    The Telegraph writer describes Romney’s appearance in Ohio today:

    As late September gales blew his dyed black fringe free from its gelled moorings, Mitt Romney’s freshly tanned face crumpled into a frown.

    LOL. Another orange man in the making.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/9569018/US-election-2012-Chill-wind-blows-for-Mitt-Romney-in-Ohio.html

    • willpen

      OMG…. thank you for this Nicole… I just got the best laugh that I’ve had in days….hahahahaha…

    Mitt Romney is the most narcissistic son of a bitch I have ever seen or heard. Did you notice the way Paul Ryan was looking at Mitt? You can almost hear him saying, “Die, Willard, Die.”

    I find the whole campaign amusing at this point. And I agree with the sentiments being expressed on here. I don’t feel sorry for thes SOB”s–not for one second. The Republican party is getting what they deserved. Some day we are going to enter into a post-racial era in this country–believe me–someday. But at this point, the Republican party can’t come along.

  • mzmijewski

    Synonyms for awkward: all thumbs, amateurish, artless, blundering, bulky, bumbling, bungling, butterfingers, coarse, floundering, gawky, graceless, green*, having two left feet, having two left hands, incompetent, inept, inexpert, klutzy, lumbering, maladroit, oafish, rude, stiff, stumbling, uncoordinated, uncouth, unfit, ungainly, ungraceful, unhandy, unpolished, unrefined, unskilled, unskillful

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “I’m running out of fresh synonyms for “awkward” and “inept.””

    How ’bout “short bus driven”?

      How about doucher?

    Sheesh. The crowd was only able to get Ryan’s name in twice before Mitt decided to correct them. Somebody sure can’t stand to share the spotlight.

  • Zen Diesel

    Definitely one of the most epic soundbites from this year elections. Mitt Romney is comedy gold.