Mitt Romney Endorses King of the Batshit

Mitt Romney made an appearance alongside Representative Steve King (R-Crazytown) today wherein he proudly endorsed the craziest of the crazy congressmen in the country and said “I want him as my partner in Washington!”

ORANGE CITY, Iowa — At a rally in the most conservative county in Iowa, Mitt Romney enthusiastically endorsed conservative lightning rod Rep. Steve King — prompting the Obama campaign to renew its claim that the Republican supports an extreme social agenda.

“I’m looking here at Steve King,” Romney declared about halfway through his speech. “He needs to be your Congressman again. I want him as my partner in Washington!”

Romney wants Steve King as his partner in Washington. Steve King is perhaps the most anti-gay, anti-choice person in congress.

King has compared immigrants to dogs, apologized for Todd Akin’s “legitimate rape” comments, and says gays should stay in the closet to avoid being discriminated against.

And then there’s this

In explaining himself, King argues that animals have more rights than fetuses, and suggests that liberals have so devalued life, that a man can rape a young girl, kidnap her, force her to undergo an abortion across state lines, and then “drop her off at the swingset….and that’s not against the law in the United States of America.”

It’s possible that Mitt Romney is unaware just how sick and delusional Steve King is, but that’s his responsibility.

It’s also possible that Mitt agrees with everything Steve King says, and until he formally denounces, well, anything the far right has to say, I’ll allege that he does.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ned F

    I find it frightening that that King was actually elected.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I find it insulting that he’s breathing our oxygen.

    • Cthulhu0818

      I find it frightening and shameful that any of these people got elected.

    This is just disgusting.

  • muselet

    The Romney campaign didn’t respond to inquiries about the endorsement.

    Really? What a surprise.

    –alopecia

  • Treading_Water

    Does that mean that Rip Nomney is going to adopt a monstrous glassy eyed man-puppy as the White House dog if he’s elected?

    http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/colbert-skewers-steve-king-defense-dogfigh

  • Sidney18511

    The republican stradegy is to try to lie and buy this election. Over 90% of all house and senate members were the candidates that SPENT THE MOST MONEY. If this group of republicans take the majority, they will destroy this country. They are the American Taliban.

  • Sidney18511

    Wow according to Steve King, rape and kidnapping is now legal in the USA. He certainly has wrapped up the raping kidnappers vote.

  • http://twitter.com/ChocChipsMusic The Chocolate Chips

    This seems like a great tool for the Obama campaign in Iowa. Steve King may be popular in his very red district, but in Iowa as a whole I don’t think so… this is ready made for ads that show how far right Romney is willing to go to pander to the Tea Party nuts.