NRSC Decides Not to Shut That Whole Thing Down

Now that there is no way for Todd Akin to be replaced, the establishment is warming back up to him.

The National Republican Senatorial Committee, which previously said it would not invest in Akin’s campaign if he stayed in the race, released the following statement:

“There is no question that for Missourians who believe we need to stop the reckless Washington spending, rein-in the role of government in people’s lives, and finally focus on growing jobs in this country that Todd Akin is a far more preferable candidate than liberal Senator Claire McCaskil. As with every Republican Senate candidate, we hope Todd Akin wins in November and we will continue to monitor this race closely in the days ahead.”

They’re legitimately supporting him.

Of course we knew this would happen. After all, Todd Akin didn’t say anything they disagree with. His only mistake was saying it on national TV.

Democrats should immediately begin associating Todd Akin’s comments with the national Republican platform, including Mitt Romney.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • mrbrink

    Fucking imbeciles. They’re clinging to ‘legitimate rape’ guy and crying foul because the polling shows most Americans hate their stupid fucking guts.

    They should start calling it Obama’s Republican party, because he owns those bitches. And they could sure use the bump in the polls.

  • D_C_Wilson

    This has got to be the least surprising news of the election.