Paul Ryan Hates Obamacare. But He Requested Money From It.

via Lee Fang at The Nation

On December 10, 2010, Ryan penned a letter to the Department of Health and Human Services to recommend a grant application for the Kenosha Community Health Center, Inc to develop a new facility in Racine, Wisconsin, an area within Ryan’s district. “The proposed new facility, the Belle City Neighborhood Health Center, will serve both preventative and comprehensive primary health care needs of thousands of new patients of all ages who are currently without health care,” Ryan wrote.

The grant Ryan requested was funded directly by the Affordable Care Act, better known simply as health care reform or Obamacare.

Paul Ryan isn’t the only congressman to publicly criticize government spending while privately signing the checks, but he’s the only one currently running for vice president on a platform of repealing Obamcare and cutting government spending.

December 2010 wasn’t that long ago, and the Affordable Care Act was still in its infancy. Paul Ryan apparently snuck this request in before the Tea Party congress took the reins in January of 2011.

I’ll be waiting for Paul Ryan to blame his staff. Again. Because personal responsibility!

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Healthcare and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Brutlyhonest

    On top of being duplicitous, the asshat used preventative instead of preventive. Hell, he probably mixes up bring and take, too.

    And speaking of asshats, did anyone else catch Colbert’s guest last night? Reihan Salam must have a lock on the gay, Muslim, Bangladeshi American demographic. Just listening to that guy’s weaseling made me need a shower. Colbert touched him FFS so probably needed a full decontamination scrub down!

    • D_C_Wilson

      Ugh. I watched about two minutes and then turned it off when he said Ryan was being “dishonest, but not lying”.

  • zirgar

    Well, the good thing about government sponsored health care is that it will cover the surgical removal of Paul Ryan’s head from his ass (cranial-anal invagination) and the rhinoplasty needed to shorten his nose, if and/or when he ever decides to stop lying.

  • D_C_Wilson

    So where’s Joseph to explain to us that it’s not hypocrisy to oppose something and turn around and use it to your political advantage?

    • muselet

      I had the same thought, but he flounced off a few weeks ago and promised not to be back until after election day.

      Pity. He was kind of fun to smack around.

      –alopecia