Photographs of the Day

Protesters in Benghazi.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Libya and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    But I thought they hated us for our freedom and weren’t going to stop until Alabama was under Shari law?!?

  • Christine Mitchell

    I really appreciate seeing this

    I honestly think that the protests in Egypt and Libya were manufactured situations to cover for a coordinated attack on our Embassy staff. I’m sure the Libyan people feel horrible about it and are pretty angry at being used in that way. I don’t blame them at all. I blame extremists–the ones who are behind the entire plot. The only question really is whether the people behind these murders are radical Muslims, radical Israelis or radical Americans, or any combination of the above.

  • kushiro -

    See how they hate American values? You DO NOT apologize, ever!

  • bphoon

    Interesting contrast:

    Most of the leading lights on foreign policy in both parties heralded the wave of revolutions that have swept through the Arab world for almost two years. Admirers call the movement the “Arab Spring,” and cast it as a social-media-inspired youth movement.

    The same movement, though, led to the murder of four American diplomats in Libya this week, including our ambassador to that country’s fledging government. The same movement also has reopened the possibility of another Arab-Israeli war. The same movement also has expanded the influence of the rouge state Iran throughout the region

    That’s Chris Stirewalt (Power Play, http://www.foxnews.com) conflating the Arab Spring movement with whatever extremist faction attacked the consulate in Benghazi. Time after time yesterday and today, both on broadcasts and in print, US journalists as well as State Department spokespeople have emphasized that those who attacked the consulate are in no way representative of the general population of Libya or what serves as their government. But, in true Faux News fashion, Stirewalt chooses to ignore this in an effort to make an argument that the political press lacks “perspective”. Seems the only perspective that’s lacking here is his myopic one.

      I think these reporters are saying this because they think the conflation helps Romney. Maybe they believe if they can convince Americans that it was a Libyan attack then that would give the Romney campaign cause to charge the President as being weak for not responding with some military retaliation. Of course, the President isn’t going to attack Libya, that’s why Hillary and he have been so darn careful in NOT conflating the two. That’s the only logical motivation I can see for any MSM journalist to inaccurately report the lie.

      • bphoon

        Conflating the two fits right into Faux News’ modus operandi. They willfully misrepresent facts on the ground, make unfounded logical leaps, omit salient factors and flat make shit up if that’s what it takes to score political points for the GOP. They are truly the propaganda arm of the Republican Party and their ham-handed, knee-jerk “reporting” dove tails perfectly into what serves as conservative “thought” these days.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Those pictures show the true majority of the people of Egypt and Lybia. Those that bombed the embassies are its tiny fringe. Do not paint everyone with the same brush. This is what needs to be clear to everyone here looking for answers.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I’m not ashamed to admit those pictures brought tears to my eyes.

    And then I contrast them with the naked opportunism on display from Romney and Fox and I just want to weep.

    These last two months of the campaign are going to be really, really long.