Quote of the Morning

“I think the whole film is a terrible idea. I think him making it, promoting it showing it is disrespectful to people of other faiths. I don’t think that should happen. I think people should have the common courtesy and judgment– the good judgment– not to be– not to offend other peoples’ faiths. It’s a very bad thing, I think, this guy’s doing.” Mitt Romney

Yeah, but the producer of the film is exercising his right to free speech. Why is Romney against that? Seriously, the press needs to ask him over and over how this is any different from the U.S. Embassy’s statement prior to the violence and protests.

This man’s duplicity, mendacity and equivocations are unprecedented in presidential-level politics.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Libya and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://doran.pacifist.net/ Doran

    You hit right at the problem. The press aren’t asking the questions. Or rather they aren’t pressing the person being questioned when they refuse to answer. Yesterday on ATC a Romney surrogate said he didn’t want to talk about timelines, so of course they didn’t ask him about timelines.

  • bphoon

    This man’s duplicity, mendacity and equivocations are unprecedented in presidential-level politics.

    Yet par for the course for this guy…

  • http://twitter.com/Sweetey15 Janet ODell

    I sincerely hope the moderators of the upcoming debates will not let Romney and Ryan get away with their lies, distortions, and refusals to answer questions. The “Palin” type debate of “well I won’t answer your questions, I’ll just talk about the things I think are important” crap will not cut it. Not this time around.

    • eljefejeff

      they won’t press them. they never do. if they make a candidate uncomfortable, the republican party would never agree to let that person moderate another debate

      • http://doran.pacifist.net/ Doran

        Correct. Remember, it is the parties which run the debates not outside organizations like the nominally independent League of Women Voters which used to run them until, well, you know…

  • http://twitter.com/DiggerDoggg Hank Kelly

    Too many in the press today are wussies, are intimidated and can’t insist on an answer. Whenever Richard Nixon seen Dan Rather in the audience, Nixon would start sweating and lickin’ his lips.

  • margietalks

    Mr Romney is the King of Flip Flops. He is for free speech until he’s against it. Sometimes I wonder if he is trying to lose the election. I have my own, personal, conspiracy theory that the Republican party, knowing that this is a losing year for the party, is using Mitt to shake loose the tea party crowd. He’s got to be driving them crazy!