Romney Feigns Concern for the Children

Won’t someone think of the children? That’s the question Mitt Romney is asking today after nearly a year of demonizing the citizens of Chicago.

The Republican nominee said he was “disappointed by the decision of the Chicago Teachers Union to turn its back on not only a city negotiating in good faith but also the hundreds of thousands of children relying on the city’s public schools to provide them a safe place to receive a strong education.” […]

The Obama campaign accused Romney of being disingenuous in claiming to side with students while proposing major budget cuts that would likely come out of national education funding.

President Obama needs to take his anger and hate back to Chicago! He needs to take his Chicago-style politics back where they belong! But will someone please think of Chicago’s children?

The children most adversely effected by the situation are poor minority children. Do you think Mitt Romney really gives a shit about them? Hell no. You don’t have to take my word for it though. Just examine his proposals and campaign rhetoric.

The Romney campaign would like nothing more than for the Obama campaign to get involved in the situation. It’s the perfect setup for another round of race-baiting. It would make the welfare-for-nothing lie seem small-time.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ned F

    I really hope this strike will end quickly. A long school strike gets very little support overall and can easily be used as a political battering ram to stoke resentment.

    • stacib23

      My thoughts exactly. Some of the same parents that were supportive of the teachers last week, woke up this morning with no place to send their children, and now they are speaking out in anger against the teachers.

      • rikyrah

        well, W-T-F did the parents think a strike means?

  • stacib23

    Thousands of teachers in downtown Chicago right now. I work across from the CPS headquarters, and it’s been a madhouse all day. I work on the 21st floor, and I can hear them as clearly as if I were standing downstairs. Talking to the teachers, one can’t help but be sympathetic to their causes – especially since the last thing any teacher is talking about today is more money.

  • http://twitter.com/JimmyAbra Jimmy Abraham

    Channeling my innermost conspiracy theorist…Maybe this can go on all year. Anyone says that any real education reform will probably need for everyone to take a year off and start a new system from scratch. What better place to start than Chicago, home to the Sec of Ed (Duncan), Rahm, and Obama. If you want something to happen you better be willing to make the sacrifices first hand for the experiemnt. I know it is far fetched, but this is what it would take to get something real.