Romney: POTUS is a Terrorist Sympathizer

Here’s Mitt Romney as he left the podium today with a big, arrogant smirk on his face.

Mitt Romney was smirking because he just finished conducting a press conference during which he accused President Obama of sympathizing with the extremists who attacked the American embassy in Libya. Four Americans were killed in the attack including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

As early as 10 pm last night Secretary of State Clinton released a statement condemning the attack, but after the stroke of midnight last night, exactly one minute after the day of 9/11 concluded, Team Romney and RNC Chairman Reince Priebus unleashed a torrent of criticism and accused President Obama of apologizing for America and sympathizing with the attackers.

During his press conference today Mitt Romney claimed the president was apologizing for American values. And in this case “American Values” would seem to include the views of Florida Pastor Terry Jones who stoked violent protests outside of the U.S. Embassies in Libya and other countries by creating a rabidly anti-Muslim propaganda film.

What was considered to be a “shiny object” by the Romney campaign as recently as three days ago took center stage today as Mitt used the deaths of three Americans and a long-serving Ambassador to project the idea that President Obama is a secret-Muslim, terrorist sympathizer.

Given the apparent lack of effectiveness of Romney’s welfare-for-nothing dog-whistle campaign, I suppose he considered a secret-Muslim, terrorist sympathizer campaign to be the next best thing.

Shades of “palling around with terrorists.”

If memory serves me well, that didn’t work out very well for the McCain campaign in 2008. How long will it be before another crazed supporter interrupts a Romney rally by shouting “he’s a terrorist!”

Nothing Romney had to say in today’s press conference represented reality and included more than a few blatant lies. And to their credit, many Republican pundits and analysts have a less than favorable view of Mitt’s mendacity as well.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Foreign Policy and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/Sweetey15 Janet ODell

    I would love nothing more than to smack that permanent smirk off Romney’s face – PERMANENTLY !

    to their credit, many Republican pundits and analysts have a less than favorable view of Mitt’s mendacity as well

    Got links? I just want to know who not to lambaste.

    • nathkatun7

      Nicole, I also need to know those ” Republican pundits and analysts” who “have a less than favorable view of Mitt’s mendacity….” I would actually send them an appreciation message. I hope it’s not just Andrew Sullivan.

  • fantagor

    Another smirking GOP plutocrat who thinks he has all the answers. Bush III by any other name.

    It is in the foreign policy arena where Willard’s true nature will begin to be seen by everybody. Mitt Romney is an unfeeling–sadistic in some ways–sociopath. He doesn’t care about anyone or anything. The fact that people suffer and some even die means nothing to him. He is clearly devoid of empathy.

    Like any true narcissist, he looks at the world from his lofty and elevated position in life without regard for the feelings or opinions of others. He masks his true nature by sounding somewhat informed–or, dare I say it–even intelligent, on matters of business and finance. He sounds like he knows how to get things done and in this way he often sounds as if he wants to help people and pursue bigger goals.

    But in reality, he is a true sociopath–without feeling or regard for anyone. And worse, and just like a true sociopath, he revels in other’s pain, misery, and destruction. He views Barack Obama as his enemy–not as his opposition who happens to be President of the United States. Since Romney believes that Obama is his enemy, he saw an opportunity to attack him. But this is what is scary about Willard, he doesn’t just want to attack, he wants to destroy his perceived enemy. He has no regard or empathy for anyone he perceives as an enemy–and that is most people.

    That condescending, snarky smirk defines a man who believes he has just inflicted injury on an enemy. Willard has the capacity to sound intelligent on economic and business issues, but it is here, in the foregn policy debates where we will see the true Willard. That smirk belies a man who is without principle, decency, or anyother core belief except to eliminate his enemies and advance hmself. I truly believe that Mitt Romney is a thoroughly dangerous man.

    • laddieluv

      I couldn’t agree more, Michael…I have been saying for a long time that Romnutz is a true sociopath…manipulative and a great “con” artist…all about him and plays the “victim” on command…not an iota of true empathy in him…the “prize” for him is winning/power….I know someone like this…and she is very scary…if you try to reason with a sociopath, you cannot. If you tell a sociopath to leave, they (usually) will not. They will do anything to irritate you and get “under” your skin. They love weakness. They despise being ignored. And will do ANYTHING including lying as a profession to get what they want. I get the chills just writing about this. The thought of Romnutz as president makes me ill. But this sick “woman” is still on the periphery of my life….and I do have nightmares from time to time…

  • trgahan

    Combining the GOPs need to do the bidding of their major campaign donors, justify a massive military-industrial complex, and to project “American Exceptionalism” everywhere to satisfy the base have hand cuffed them from engaging in serious foreign policy. Republican foreign policy is the equivalent of a spoiled drunk teenager waving a gun in everyone’s faces.

  • jeremydium

    Seriously Willard, fuck you and the dressage horse you rode in on.

  • Lazarus Durden

    You know I can’t stand Mitt Romney. I’ve wondered what I could to help out the Democrats this election season and I’ve found an outlet. Yesterday I started the process of resurrecting the College Democrats at East Tennessee State University which has been dormant for two years now, and I’ve already got more people interested then were in the organization two years ago, plus a kick ass, very knowledge facility adviser. I know this is off topic, but part of the reason I wanted to get involved was I got tired of sitting on the sidelines. We’re deep in red country on a somewhat conservative campus but there’s a core of energetic young people hungry to get involved in politics. I’m really excited about it.

    I really love this site, and a lot of people who post on here. You guys are awesome.

    Sorry for it being off topic but I just wanted to share.

      Bless you sir…You are a man after my own heart Lazarus. May success follow your endeavors.

    • nathkatun7

      You did fine Lazarus! You would be surprised how many silent people who share your views have been bashful to openly sate their views in a predominantly GOP environment. Remember the old saying we learnt in High School: “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” You may not win today or tomorrow, but you can start building a foundation that will make it possible for you to win next year or the year after. Besides, even if Tennessee doesn’t give the President electoral votes, people like your, your friends and family, and all Democrats in TN will still show up to vote for President Obama in large numbers. The size of President Obama’s popular vote will be very important.

  • Draxiar

    I think this was a move out of shear desperation to pin ANYTHING on President Obama…not that I’m defending Mitt in doing so. It was dumb.

    I also think this situation is a glimpse into the future. It illustrates that making a hasty decision out of this sort of desperation without having all the facts is not the sort of person you want in control of the most powerful military in the world. Out of shear desperation he could cave to the devils whispering in his ear about Iran, North Korea, China, Pakistan, Easter Island, North Pole, and Antarctica.

    • BenAu

      This is one of my nightmare scenarios: Romney wins and his term goes as well as you would expect – train wreck. Four years from now and he’s got no hope of re-election…what would a man like this NOT do to change his fortunes? Romney wouldn’t hesitate to go nuclear if he thought it would serve his sociopathic need to win.

  • mrbrink

    That photo doesn’t lie, either.

    I recommend watching Romney’s whole press conference for the full effect. Mitt Romney mourns with smiles.

    • Brutlyhonest

      I’m often caught screaming at the teevee “reporters” to ask Rmoney why he thinks what most people would consider to be bad news for Americans to be funny. They never listen.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Oh Jesus Fuck, Republicans. There’s no bottom for which you can sink to. If they’re wearing American flag pins on their lapels, someone needs to grab them and rip them off, because they’re not worthy of expressing any pride in America.

    Profile of the Sociopath
    From the DSM IV:

    Glibness and Superficial Charm

    Manipulative and Cunning
    They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

    Grandiose Sense of Self
    Feels entitled to certain things as “their right.”

    Pathological Lying
    Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

    Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

    Shallow Emotions
    When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

    Need for Stimulation
    Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

    Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others’ feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

    Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
    Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

    Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    Not concerned about wrecking others’ lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

    Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
    Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

    Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
    Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

    Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
    Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

    Are you paying attention America? I don’t want what I have written to keep anyone up at night, but if Mitt Romney is elected to the presidency, this is who you will have on the job when the phone call comes in at three a.m. This is a profile of the person who will be speaking with foreign leaders and exercising the foreign policy of this nation. This is the guy who is walking off that platform with that shit-eating snarky grin on his face. Just thinking about Willard being president scares the crap out of me.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    This will be the image forever associated with Romney’s loss. It’s his version of John McCain’s spastic, tongue hanging out photo.