Romney’s Failing Campaign Hands Out Bonuses

Romney’s campaign is failing, they’re running in the red, and apparently they’re handing out bonuses too.

Mitt Romney’s campaign handed out more than $200,000 in bonuses last month to senior staffers, according to new disclosure records filed Thursday.

Richard Beeson, Romney’s national political director, received a $37,500 payment on Aug. 31 in addition to his salary, according to records filed with the Federal Election Commission.

In addition, records show at least six other top staffers each received $25,000 bonuses on the same date: campaign manager Matt Rhoades, general counsel Kathryn Biber, policy advisor Lanhee Chen, communications director Gail Gitcho, digital director Zach Moffatt and advisor Gabriel Schoenfeld. Two other employees received $10,000 bonuses.

There’s nothing categorically wrong with bonuses, but Romney’s campaign has been the worst run campaign I’ve seen in my lifetime.

This is the corporate culture Romney will bring to the White House if he wins in November, only it will be American taxpayer dollars he will be wasting instead of money given to him by Sheldon Adelson and the Koch Brothers.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/GodIsDead Gern Blandston

    Exactly – this is how Romney conducts his business affairs. Plunder all existing resources by handing them out to the executives, and if the business happens to work, great, and if not, oh well, I got mine. One could argue, in fact, that Romney’s entire campaign has just been a trial-run of a new way to make millions of dollars for you and your friends : run for national office! People will THROW money at you, and you can give that money out to anyone you like for any reason at all! Just put your name on a poster and put some flagy graphics on it, and start rolling in dough!

    It’s only a wonder nobody thought of it before now. It’s sort of like The Producers, and they’re trying to make money off of a miserably bad production, only in the end this one won’t be successful.

  • mrbrink

    This is rewarding failure for its loyalty.

    Romney’s whole campaign is just a money laundering operation at this point.

    They have no grassroots organization worth a damn. The campaign has bragged about doing ads in-house, on the cheap. About how staffers are doing the jobs of several key advisers, or advisers are doing the work of whole campaign departments and divisions, but the money keeps rolling in. They aren’t spending it on facts, or math. Inspiration is bankrupt.

    They bought a fucking white board and a black marker to demonstrate how the president is tarnishing the whiteness of America with his black marker ways, and to show how minimalist and frugal you can be by taking in hundreds of millions of dollars to run a campaign complaining about poor economic conditions to the American electorate.

    They’re driving around in a brand new Citizen’s United — a red, sporty convertible of a political mid-life crisis and telling everyone we’re just jealous of their personality disorder.

    They skin us alive, skin our individual and collective economy, and freedom, and wear our flesh as some sort of political and economic power source.

    When they tell us we have “no skin in the game,” they should know. They’re wearing our ears and ass like a class war souvenir.

  • ninjaf

    Is it normal for campaign staffers to get bonuses — even before the campaign is over? I don’t remember ever hearing of that happening before.

  • http://twitter.com/kerryreid Kerry Reid

    But how much did Mr. Campbell Brown make? Or did he just go ahead and give the check to Brown directly in recognition of her valorous service in water-carrying for the campaign in the NY Times op/ed pages?

  • D_C_Wilson

    Rewarding failure? Where have we seen this before?