That’s a Clown Campaign Bro

This really is one of the most incompetent campaign’s we’ve ever seen. Laughable.

HUDSON, Wis. (AP) — Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan plans to begin airing ads in Wisconsin as he asks voters to elect him to an eighth House term that he hopes to never serve.

Contracts formalized Tuesday with at least one Milwaukee television station show that Ryan’s congressional ads will start airing Wednesday morning and go initially for two weeks. The Ryan congressional ads start in the same week as presidential ticket mate Mitt Romney’s commercials went on air in Wisconsin, although the cost for the two sets of ads are drawn from different campaign accounts.

Way to show some confidence in Team Romney!

I get it. They want to retain the seat even if Paul Ryan isn’t the one sitting in it, but this is really bad optics. How many voters will be confused because they saw an ad for Ryan for congress and Romney/Ryan for president back-to-back?

I can’t wait to see how many people voted for Ryan but not Romney/Ryan the day after the election.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • bphoon

    We can only hope he loses both campaigns…

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_TLHIXVS2CHDJNWYPZJIZ5NNZ3A Robert

    I have read that Biden also ran ads in Deleware for the Senate and Lieberman did the same. Just sayin’.

      Lieberman did, but Biden was only in his fourth year, and so was not up for re-election in ’08.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Yep. And his seat almost went to Christine “I’m not a witch” O’Donnell in 2010.

    I get it. They want to retain the seat even if Paul Ryan isn’t the one sitting in it

    But it doesn’t work that way. The seat would be empty until a special election is called:

    “When vacancies happen in the Representation from any State, the Executive Authority thereof shall issue Writs of Election to fill such Vacancies.” — Article I, Section 2, Clause 4 of the U.S. Constitution

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003216492628 D.w. Skinner

    I’d like to see him in a soup kitchen line actually.

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_JQUGLZDT5Q3XGRBUUHSWI4EM2I Bernie

    Have to wonder why the dateline is Hudson, WI. That’s one of the westernmost towns in the state, hundreds of miles away from Ryan’s district. Hudson is basically a suburb of Minneapolis-St. Paul, situated right on the Minnesota/Wisconsin border (i.e., the St. Croix River). What does it have to do with Ryan, other than being (barely) in the same state as Janesville?

    • cowboyinbrla

      A dateline is the place from which the story is filed, NOT the place where the events in the story may have occurred. It’s a story released from the AP, and what I’m guessing is that the Hudson Star-Observer, the regional paper for that area of Wisconsin, originated the story and it was picked up by the AP wire.