The New Trailer for Spielberg’s “Lincoln”

Not only does it look and sound historically accurate (eerily so), but Daniel Day-Lewis is totally immersed in Lincoln. Not surprising, but it’s so easy to do a boardwalk caricature of Lincoln instead of becoming him. DDL is Lincoln. And it looks like we’re going to see for the first time ever Lincoln as a human being — flaws and all. Also, notice the “fierce urgency of now” scene regarding what I gather was a debate over the ratification of the 13th Amendment. Just brilliant.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Movies and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    There’s an odd irony here in that as Bill the Butcher in “Gangs of New York”, Daniel Day-Lewis threw a dagger at a picture of Lincoln.

  • willpen

    I wonder how intentional Spielberg’s making of this move, at this juncture in time, is? And I wonder if the irony of it all will completely be missed by those who still would like us to believe that this war was actually for State’s rights.

    • bphoon

      I wonder if the irony of it all will completely be missed by those who still would like us to believe that this war was actually for State’s rights.

      I’d say there’s a pretty good chance of that.

  • bphoon

    I really want to see this picture.