When a Bullshit Artist Calls Fox News on Its Bullshit

Greg Gutfeld, of all people, just couldn’t stand to let Eric Bolling deliver a heaping pile of nonsense in the form of an unsourced rumor on The Five. This is kind of amazing, given Gutfeld’s status as a world class bullshitter.

Regardless of Gutfeld’s interference, the information was still broadcast.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Fox News Channel and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • eljefejeff

    I seriously believe Roger Ailes or someone high up at fox tells these guys sometimes “hey just this once, take the other side, then we can claim to be fair and balanced.” Occasionally we’ve seen Shep Smith and Chris Wallace be the honest one on fox. It must be staged. These guys are all hacks if they’re on that channel at all and nothing in their history suggests they’d all of a sudden be reasonable on one random issue.

      I agree on the idea that they tell them to pretend to be fair once in a while. Like Shep Smith…he is either their token moderate or he is just as much a sellout as the others who obeys orders to pretend to be an actual journalist once in a while.

    Gutfield is on the verge of laughing the whole time. It’s pretty clear he is not serious.

    For the benefit of those, like me, who either can’t or (choose not to) watch videos, here’s an actual written article.

    I realize that may be a difficult concept for some to grasp. ;)

  • i_a_c

    They take their stories from The Blaze (Glenn Beck’s site)? That explains a lot.

  • i_am_allwrite

    First off, Bolling comes off as an absolute imbecile. And while i never watch this kind of crap, it doesn’t come of as planned to me. I don’t know these idiots’ names except from Bob’s references, but the goulish-looking brunette basically does her job–spouting supportive sounding nothingness (albeit with zero enthusiasm) about a story that can’t possibly be true. And when Gutfeld goes off script, the energy level goes way up–the blonde and the polished turd in suspenders seem to relish actually being able to speak the truth. The blonde essentially describes how faux news operates (“you could do that with anything”)–which is nearly true, but only if you’re bright enough to make something, ANYTHING, up, which she’s not (“Why did the chicken CROSS THE ROAD?!?” THAT’S your example???)–but she says it like it’s a bad thing. And I think Bolling is incredulous not because of what they’re saying–which is both true and obvious–but because they’re saying it at all. You can’t go around pointing out the empire has no clothes and a tiny dick when you work for the empire.

      “You can’t go around pointing out the empire has no clothes and a tiny dick when you work for the empire.”

      Actually you can if their emperor doesn’t give a crap what they say so long as it furthers his agenda AND the rubes on the other end don’t really understand their game (because clearly critical analysis is not their strong suit) AND nobody but us hold them to any real journalism standards.

      • i_am_allwrite

        I’m sure most people just assume Murdoch’s trouser snake is actually a trouser mouse, but I’m sure he doesn’t want his talking heads repeating it. But my point was that Gutfeld et al seemed to be having a brief, unexpected moment of joy at being able to say what they think, not what they’re told. Apparently doing what they do even insults their own intelligence (such as it is). And Bolling is left saying “Wow!” over and over because enough faux pas (pun intended) like this might cause a few sheep to leave the herd. It’s like GWBush said: Fool me once, shame on…shame on you…Fool me–you can’t get fooled again.

        Oh, shit, you’re right. Those fucking people will never see the light.