With 41 Days To Go, Romney’s Path to Victory is Dwindling

My Wednesday column continues to chart the Romney descent into epic failure.

Mitt Romney is running out of time. Worse yet, due to his well-documented ineptitude and awkwardness, he’s incapable of manufacturing the kind of last minute enthusiasm that could turn the tide for his campaign. In fact, I wonder sometimes whether he’s deliberately sabotaging his own campaign. A couple of brief examples…

Yesterday, Romney actually admitted that President Obama hasn’t raised taxes. At a campaign rally with Paul Ryan, Romney inexplicably said, “I admit this, he has one thing he did not do in his first four years — he’s said he’s going to do in the next four years, which is to raise taxes.” Whoops. It’s not entirely clear, but he definitely admitted that the president didn’t raise taxes, which is contrary to everything he’s said to this point, including the false claim that “President Obama has raised taxes 19 times.” It probably won’t shock you to learn that this Romney lie actually comes from Karl Rove’s Crossroads GPS Super PAC. FactCheck.org, however, called it “dishonest nonsense.”

Meanwhile, he still can’t cope with discipline on the stump. He’s still making a jittery ass of himself whenever he tries to be spontaneous. During the same rally with Paul Ryan, the crowd began to chant, “Paul Ryan! Paul Ryan!” And either Romney’s ego was bruised or he was trying to joke around, but he spastically attempted to stop the audience’s chanting and insisted they change it to “Romney, Ryan! Romney, Ryan!”

One rally, two herky-jerky moments. Continue reading here.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ned F

    Hello, I’m Mitt Romney. Vote for me because I deserve it, dammit!

  • http://twitter.com/Sweetey15 Janet ODell

    Romney has become so pathetic I am finding myself feeling sorry for him. His descent into “stenchism” has given the Dems a big advantage of keeping the Senate (even adding one) and taking back the House.

    • MiddleMittenLiberal

      We can only hope!!

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I’d feel sorry for him too. Until I realize he’s a slimy, emotionless, rat bastard, sociopath.

  • trgahan

    Even if he was a skilled campaigner, I don’t see how he can rally when his base (which isn’t large enough to elect him on its own) is demanding so much out of his campaign. He simply can’t make any move to try and broaden his support. The GOP base is demanding a candidate forged from a world view created by the FOX news world view and that is simply nowhere near reality of every day America.