Worst Persons in the World. Seriously.

Wells Fargo for this atrocity:

TWENTYNINE PALMS (CBSLA.com) — The owners of a modest home near Twentynine Palms lost their cherished possessions after a bank mistakenly foreclosed their residence.

A crew broke into Alvin and Pat Tjosaas’ desert home and took everything after being directed by Wells Fargo to secure the structure.

The couple, however, didn’t have a mortgage on the home.

Alvin said the deputy sheriff said, “Good news, we know who took (your possessions)…Wells Fargo. Bad news, your stuff is all gone.”

This is grand theft. Someone should go to prison for this.

Have there been arrests? Indictments?

Nope. There’s not even a mention of such repercussions in the article. Someone should have to pay for this. Every American, regardless of politics, should be outraged by this.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/MarkDouglasCurran Mark Curran

    Love ya, but why sensationalize, and pretty much distort, this screw up. It was not some huge outrage, some workers made a mistake which house to remove furniture from. It was put back.

    Everyone should be OUTRAGED by this? OMFG. Come on, you can do better. You have done substantive articles before. Why not try that again?This kind of nonsense hurts your credibility.

    • DerFarm

      Yeah. Big Bank, bad info, lives disrupted, Nothing to see here. Move on People. We got it under control.

      You’re a fool if you don’t think that this was terrorization, whether intentional or not. The lives of those people will never be the same in that when someone comes into your home and takes all your stuff for no reason, and tells you that it’s too bad……….well, how will they ever feel safe in their own home again?

      And, the bank didn’t just take their furniture. No, they took EVERYTHING. Photos, documents, everything that was there.

      AND, it was the WRONG home!

      Edited to clarify.

    • drsquid

      Obviously you didn’t read the rest of the article. A) it wasn’t just some furniture, it included a WWI Army uniform. B) this was the second time Wells-Fargo cleaned out their house and left a bunch of empties and bongs inside.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      Sorry to disagree, but this flagrant abuse of power over and over again by lawless banks has to stop. This is a good opportunity to set an example. I hope the homeowner sues big time.

    • https://twitter.com/misterjayem MrJM

      “It was put back.”

      I’m sure you can direct us to a link where that is the case since it is not true in the linked story or in this one: http://goo.gl/dQIlj

      “Tjosaas said antiques (including her late father-in-law’s World War I uniform), the American flag that had previously hung in the yard, and appliances had been taken.”

      So, unless you’ve got a link showing otherwise, I’d say you’re full of the steamy stuff.

      – MrJM

    • nathkatun7

      I bet you if that was your own house that the bank raided, mistake or not, you wouldn’t be here spewing nonsense.

    • AJ Slemmer

      Funny, I’d have thought “Owners Lose Possessions” in the headline might have been a clue…and “All the married couple has now are three generations of memories”…might want to read the story next time. This kind of nonsense hurts your credibility.

    I’m fucking outraged.

    This is the stuff of nightmares and lawlessness.

    The big banks need to be broken the fuck up and NATIONALIZED.

  • drsquid

    And if that’s not enough for you, Wells-Fargo “mistakenly” foreclosed on someone else’s house. She only found out when she tried to sell it, and got offers at the asking price.

    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/09/06/woman-tries-to-sell-home-finds-out-bank-mistakenly-foreclosed-it/

  • Christine Mitchell

    I thought corporations were people? Why weren’t they ALL arrested?

  • D_C_Wilson

    So, where is all their stuff? Surely the company hired to clear out the place has an inventory of where they took it. Unless it’s all in a landfill, there should be no excuses for bringing everything back.

    The truly horrifying thing is, this is not all that unusual of an occurrence. In too many states, the foreclosure process is little more than a rubber stamp for the banks. Sloppy or incomplete paperwork gets overlooked by the courts. Banks can often foreclose on a home without even proving that they hold a mortgage on it. And often, homeowners are never even told that foreclosure procedures are being filed until they come home to find a padlock put on their door, so that they can’t even mount a defense against it. There have even been cases in Florida where sheriff’s deputies have padlocked homes while the residents were still inside!

    But why make sure ever i is dotted and every t is crossed when foreclosing on a home when there is obviously no downside for the banks? There will be no fines and no jail time for anyone involved.

    We couldn’t have created a better system for legalized theft of people’s belongings if we had tried.

  • i_am_allwrite

    I’ve been to Twentynine Palms. It’s one of the exit points out of Joshua Tree National Park. I think that Wells Fargo should be held accountable, but there’s not a single nice home in that shithole. The most valuable thing ever produced there was meth–and lots of it. Although I had a buddy who did pretty well catching sidewinder rattlesnakes around 29 Palms, and selling them on the black market.

  • trgahan

    Clearly if these people didn’t want their house raided and their positions taken by a private company they shouldn’t have…er…ah…why do they hate the free market?..er…ah…job creators!…er….stop punishing success!…