Your Favorite Part

A rare gem from a conservative cartoonist.

Artist – Randy Bish

In other news, the Democratic convention produced a 7 point bump in approval rating for President Obama according to Gallup.

Also — the nation’s largest police union has declined to endorse a candidate for the first time in 98 years. The Fraternal Order of Police backed George Bush in 2000 and 2004, and John McCain in 2008. Mitt Romney sought their endorsement in June.

Rejected!

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Open Thread and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://doran.pacifist.net/ Doran

    Good the police union didn’t endorse Mittens. But seriously they need to realize only Obama is going to help their efforts and they should endorse the President.

    • Brutlyhonest

      No shit, right? Talk about gutless. I guess they were afraid their members would revolt since, as we saw in the Wisconsin recall election, many of them vote for rwnjs that want to reduce their pay and benefits.

  • muselet

    No one can pull this sort of thing off quite like Roy Edroso:

    You will hear in the days to come many libertarians and conservatives bitching about the Democratic convention’s hyperpatriotism — why look, here’s David Harsanyi, who is both, doing so at Reason — which just goes to show that they don’t have a sense of humor. After forty years of star-spangled lawn-order Republicanism, this convention’s turnabout was a grand joke. That Obama’s warm-up act was Biden, who basically broke the GOP’s Neverforget spell with “a noun, a verb, and 9/11,” and that the Obamas totally did the Reagan-Mommy thing, only spices the jest. It’s not as good as having them all die screaming in a fire, mind, but it’s pretty good for a Thursday night. Four stars!

        Yes, because we needed another social network. :)

        • JMAshby

          This one is supposedly just for writers. Still testing the waters.

      • muselet

        The Ds long ago ceded the forms and rituals of patriotism—even while actually being at least as patriotic as anyone—to the Rs, and it was one of the dumbest self-inflicted political wounds ever (the Rs made such a deal out of displays of patriotism that they became vulgar and embarrassing, but that’s not how such displays looked to a lot of persuadable voters). It’s good to see the Ds correct that, and they were successful enough to send the Right into paroxysms of poutrage.

        The weeping and wailing from the Right over the Democrats’ open embrace of patriotism is like a Bach toccata: I could happily listen to it for hours.

          The worst weeping and wailing I’ve seen has been on the far-left. The concerned left, if you will.

          • muselet

            Yeah, but that’s just background noise. If the concerned left ever stopped whining, I’d take notice.

            –alopecia