Best Movie of the Year (So Far)

ARGO was incredible on so many levels. Generally when I see a great movie, I endeavor to find a flaw. I couldn’t. Suspenseful times a thousand, entertaining, perfect. John Goodman, Alan Arkin, Ben Affleck, Bryan Cranston and some of the most brilliant storytelling I’ve seen in quite some time. In fact, I wanted to go back and watch it again.

By the way, one of the great injustices of the 1980s was that Reagan got credit for the release of the Iranian hostages. He had nothing to do with it. Thanks to Affleck for a very, very poignant epilogue featuring President Carter.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in History and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    Damnit, Bob! You’re making it really hard for me to stick to my “Everything Ben Affleck touches after Good Will Hunting turns to crap” rule.

  • Nanotyrannus

    I’m not at all a Ben Affleck fan. I think this might be the movie that makes me a Ben Affleck fan. I can’t wait to see it.

      As an actor, he’s not that good. But a writer and director, this guy has some serious skills. I think, if he continues on like this, he could be one of the greats. And no, it’s not because he’s cute. He doesn’t snap my garter belt.

  • laddieluv

    Well, I happen to think that Ben is a fine actor…his only “flaw” was getting involved with both booze and J.Lo…luckily for him, he went to “rehab” for both…

    Now as a stunning director, people who has disliked (for no reason/grins) him are taking notice…

    Ben is so “dam” smart…and what a sense of humor…I could listen to him read the “phone book”….and yes, “Gigli” was simply awful…but that wasn’t Ben’s fault…it was the script/story et al…and J.Lo was the horrid actor in that movie..

    Adored “The Town”…have rewatched it so many times…should have gotten an Oscar nod in some category, IMO…have most of his films on blu-ray…(even some of the “not the best material” ones)…

    Oh and another “turn on”?…Ben is such an amazing husband and father…have you ever heard him talk about his wife?…love and connection drips from his lips…

    So because I don’t “do” theaters (at my “advanced” age), please let me live long enough to buy ARGO on blu-ray…

    I don’t think that’s too much to ask from an “I’ve Always Loved Ben Affleck” fan, do you?…grins…