Debate Open Thread

Talk about the debate here.

This might be the most important 90 minutes of this campaign.

    I just made a 20 minute beer run. I couldn’t do this sober.

      Ha! I just poured myself a shot of vodka. I may drink the whole damn bottle tonight!

    Romney does not know how to play well. Furthermore, that motherfucking lying prick is thinking “how the fuck do you dare call me a liar, BLACK man?”. Now I know he’s a racist creep.

    OMFG, I feel like shoving my tallest heel right up Romney’s big ass!

    How the fuck can you deal with a guy who LIES so consistently?????

    • ninjaf

      Go for the widest heel, instead of tallest…a little more fulfilling.

        You guys are killing me!

    • Draxiar

      Nicole, please put that on Pay Per View!

      We can call it “Mitt’s Mouth Massacre”

  • JMAshby

    Well so far Obama is slaughtering him. Mitt looks disjointed and arrogant.

    Romney:

    “the top 5% will continue to pay SIXTY PERCENT”

    huh???? NOT!!

    In fact, not since the 1960’s or 70’s. http://taxfoundation.org/article/us-federal-individual-income-tax-rates-history-1913-2011-nominal-and-inflation-adjusted-brackets

    Most of them only pay taxes on capital fucking gains (15% — and Romney pays less than that)!

      Being fair, I believe he was talking about tax burden there. I’m not sure it’s true, but that’s a statistic I’ve heard them tossing around before.

        You may be right…….that didn’t occur to me.

    Medialite:
    “President Obama is raising significantly more money from military groups than Mitt Romney, according to numbers released by OpenSecrets. Romney has raised more money than the president from six of eleven branches of the military, but overall Obama has raised nearly twice as much as his Republican rival.”

    Amazing and great!

    http://www.mediaite.com/online/fundraising-numbers-show-obama-raising-more-from-military-than-romney/

    • D_C_Wilson

      That’s because if Romney wins, they’re going to have to learn Farsi to get ready for the invasion of Iran.

        LOL :)

        I needed that chuckle, so thanks, DC.

      • Brutlyhonest

        Farsi! Someone who knows!

        • D_C_Wilson

          Do I need to turn in my Ugly American Card now?

          • Brutlyhonest

            I doubt you have one :P

            Seriously though, the number of people in this Country that have absolutely no clue about the make-up of that whole region is staggering. (Kind of) Sadly, we have had a robust Farsi program in the military for a very long time.

  • JMAshby

    Romney still looking incoherent and disjointed almost an hour in.

      Agreed.

    • gescove

      He looks like he swallowed a dead ferret.

        If only he would!

  • JMAshby

    Romney just got annihilated on Libya.

    Stared right the fuck down. Offensive.

    • gescove

      You could SEE the hackles rising up on the President. Pitch perfect response.

        I love it when the Pres gets tough like that. Evidently so do the undecided voters using CNNs dial devices. They went almost off the charts when the Pres was reaming Romneybot a new asshole on making political hay out of the Libyan situation.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Romneybot is now set to maximum douchiness.

  • JMAshby

    Romney goes completely incoherent on Fast and Furious.

    “I don’t know what happened.” “I dont know why they did it” “I dont know” “I dont understand”

    • CapnEVD

      Reminded me of Paul Ryan trying to talk foreign policy with Biden. Completely out of his depth, inane rambling in the vain hopes that something will stick without even the SLIGHTEST bit of substance or intelligence.

  • theronware

    Willard Romney just got Owned!!

    • CapnEVD

      Mittens! If we’d only done this the first time around, this whole damn thing’d be done and over with. Oh well. Just stay strong for the next few weeks and we’ll crush this jackwad.

    I love this president because he is such a GOOD man. We will win. We have to!!

  • D_C_Wilson

    Mitt stuck his chin out by saying he supports 100% of Americans and Obama hit him with a TKO on it.

  • JMAshby

    Mitt shredded on the last question/answer.

      This is why Obama had been holding his fire on the 47% remark in the debates. Don’t give Mitt a chance to etch-a-sketch it and force him to bring it up first.

  • CapnEVD

    Holy crap, now that my heart has retreated from my stomach: not everything I wanted here but holy crapola was it better than everything that’s proceeded.

  • CapnEVD

    Watching NBC news reaction to the debate and seriously: they are god f*cking awful. Bob was 100% right earlier: Tom Brokaw is useless as are the rest of these hacks. Seriously listen to these people (Brian Williams and Co.): “The President said .” “Mitt Romney definitely said .” For the love of f*cking everything, Brokaw ACTUALLY said “This was definitely a debate.” Wow… JOURNALISM!!!!

      Same with CBS. Damn fucking corporate media!

      • CapnEVD

        People talked about in the VP debate that if you just listened to the radio, Biden won. Well, if you ONLY just listened to the media’s reaction to the debate afterwards, my gag reflex would win. It’s amazing to listen to these paid “professionals” respond to the debate: “he talked about things.” “You have to give credit to Romney, he said that stuff.” “The Governor DEFINITELY showed up tonight and talked!” Wow. Just… wow. David Gregory, Tom Brokaw, and all you other hacks, all due respect, but just shut up.

        • eljefejeff

          no offense but why would you even watch any of these pundits, these so called experts? It’s all bullshit, they aren’t journalists. They report on what the voters perceive and don’t see it as their obligation to provide facts. I turned the channel the second it ended

          • CapnEVD

            None taken! It is, indeed, bullshit. Unfortunately, all that bullshit makes up the vast majority of the discourse today. Engage and try to take it down, or ignore it at our peril. We don’t have to become or engage in their amazing levels of idiocy, but I still think it’s a better strategy to try and understand it, all the better to tear that shit down. One way or another.

  • CapnEVD

    Seriously… why don’t we have EVERY debate moderated by women?! For reals… between Candy and Martha, let’s just have these fantastic ladies take everything over to keep these jack *sses in check.

    • gescove

      Thank god Crowley called out Rmoney on at least one point of bullshit. “Um, Gov. Rmoney, uh, yes he DID call it an act of terrorism.” Now go sit down and shut your lying pie hole.

      • CapnEVD

        Drinking game was one every time Candy “violated” the rules with a follow up. Thank Zombie Jebus I’m drunk. So fun to watch CNN and NBC: “Holy Sh*t! Everyone stand back… Candy’s going to try… JOURNALISM!!!”

  • LK3

    Great job on twitter Bob!

  • agrazingmoose

    Just have to say this. Anyone with a child in high school knows that binders, as in “binders full of women” are called “trapper-keepers”.