George Will: Obama is Winning Because Whites Don’t Want to Fire a Black Guy

My Wednesday column is a merciless takedown of George Will’s new column in which there are lots of baseball references and a huge dog-whistle.

For the first time in a year or two, I read a George Will column yesterday.

Whenever the topic of “very serious” conservatives comes up in conversation, the same three names are always tossed around: David Brooks, David Frum and, naturally, George Will. In spite of his incendiary record, which is barely concealed behind his bow-tie, baseball metaphors and rigid old-school demeanor, he’s supposed to be one of the conservatives with whom we could have a reasonable conversation about politics and national affairs.

When I last plowed through a George Will piece, he had fabricated evidence against the existence of the climate crisis as well as the massive scientific consensus on the issue. He never quite retracted those statements and, to this day, he stands by his unforgivable myopia and even went so far as to say on This Week with George Stephanopoulos, “How do we explain the heat? One word: summer… We’re having some hot weather. Get over it.”

Get over it?

Very serious!

Sorry, but I can’t have a reasonable conversation about the climate crisis with a guy who thinks “Summer” was to blame for the record-pulverizing temperatures experienced throughout the Northern Hemisphere this year. Continue reading here.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in The Daily Banter and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Summer. Oh, how serious. Let me tell you something George: the marine invertebrate whose development I’m studying normally has its peak reproductive period during the summer, but this year the water temperatures around the east coast hit record highs and the animals were too stressed to produce viable eggs at the normal time. So this year the reproductive season shifted into autumn. Too bad the timeline for my project couldn’t be shifted too, so now I’m stuck doing almost six months worth of work in two. I’ve seen and been affected by the reality George denies, which around any real science lab marks him as an unserious troll. Go slag off and die, George. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to work.