George Will on the Debate, and Credit Where Credit is Due

I was really hard on George Will a couple of weeks ago, but I have to say, the following clip is not only spot on, but it was remarkably fair.

And I agree with him about the best debate thing. This was one for the ages. One of the primary reasons for this assessment was the Libya section. I don’t think a candidate for president has ever been so flummoxed as Romney was on Benghazi — again, a topic which should’ve been Obama’s weakest segment, and it became Romney’s weakest segment. Just remarkable.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • i_am_allwrite

    I agree with Will’s assessment, but find it hard to give him much credit. As the saying goes, a broken clock is still right twice a day. George Will is a prick 24/7.

  • muselet

    Blind pig finds acorn.

    …”the president’s failure to come up with immigration reform.”

    I get so sick of hearing this! Anyone ever hear of the DREAM Act? Anyone remember what the fuck happened to it?

    Jeez…

    • D_C_Wilson

      The one that drives me nuts is when they use the fact that no republicans voted for the ACA as proof that he wouldn’t work with them instead of the fact that the GOP decided to dig their heels in and vote against it no matter how many of their ideas were incorporated into it.

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1006427103 Doug Walsh

    I think the more telling part of the Benghazi segment was the fact that Romney and the Republican’s have been trying to hammer Obama with this for a while now as part of their strategy. If you are going to do that and you are running for President of the United States don’t you think you would have at least actually seen or heard what the President said on the Rose Garden immediately after the attacks? We can talk about the staff giving him info all we want but you really need to be a little more hands on than that, especially if it is a Foreign Policy issue you plan on using as main part of your campaign. Attention to details should be key. Also Republicans can screech about foreign policy blunders all they want but the fact is Iraq and Afghanistan were definitely not the huge foreign policy successes they thought they would be.