“I Don’t Trust Romney”

After Mitt Romney recently began invoking the name of a deceased Navy SEAL who was killed in Libya, the slain SEAL’s mother was forced to speak out to stop him.

Watch here

“I don’t trust Romney. He shouldn’t make my son’s death part of his political agenda. It’s wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama.”

Is there even an ounce of sincerity in his face when Romney says “it broke my heart?”

Worse yet for Romney, his decision to invoke the image of Glen Doherty has inadvertently invited Doherty’s friends to tell their own side of the story of when Mitt Romney came to town.

According to Doherty’s friend Elf Ellefsen, Romney introduced himself to Doehrty four times during the same party, not remembering that he had already met Glen. Doherty called it “pathetic and comical”. Each time, Romney introduced himself “robotically” as “Mitt Romney, political figure.” Glen believed it to be very “insincere and stale.”

The Romney campaign is now claiming Mitt will no longer mention Doherty on the trail, even though he did today less than two hours before writing this.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    I know these smarmy types who robotically work the room at cocktail parties introducing themselves with the same stale joke and forgetting who they already talked to.
    Funny thing is, they would never make this mistake with someone they deem important, only the little people they feel are beneath them. They often have had too much to drink, which leaves no excuse for a Mormon.

  • SteveDenver

    Ėlf Ellefsen shared on his Facebook wall:
    Yesterday
    A best friend, Glen Doherty, died with 3 others in Benghazi because Republicans have voted to reduce embassy security funding by about half a billion dollars below the amount requested by the Obama administration. There were as many as 16 known requests for greater security in the year leading up to the 9-11-2012 attack. That’s more than one per month. Every single one was denied.

    If you don’t know I’ll set the record straight. Glen and Tyrone (Ex-Navy SEALs) were on a US Govt mission for missing Libyan weapons recovery. They weren’t security. They weren’t even near the embassy. They heard the embassy security perimeter had been breached and lives were at stake so they rushed over to do the job (free of charge) as the loyal and honorable United States countrymen they were. They flawlessly performed the job that the Republicans refuse to pay for and they saved every single person still alive in that embassy. Glen and Tyrone gave there lives because the bureaucrats voting for war only want to profiteer from war. The embassy and consulate stands for peace so they vote to defund and propose more missiles and warships so their cronies can get in on the profiteering.

    Lamb and her colleagues should be sent to trial for this massive failure and all the elected bastards who want to occupy all these countries should take a tour of their own in those countries before they are so quick to send everyone else’s kids instead.

    The US public isn’t connecting the dots and never will. Corporations and private entities now control and direct our US Govt. They decide who is ran, elected, and when we go to war. We don’t go to war to protect America. We go to war because it is profitable and lives are an expendable dime-a-dozen. Period.

    Wake up, people.