Idiot Quote of the Day

“I don’t believe the number and neither do any of the other people that have intelligence” -Donald Trump on September jobs numbers.

And I don’t believe “people that have intelligence” necessarily includes Romney surrogate Donald Trump.

Maybe Trump’s special investigators can investigate the Bureau of Labor Statistics if they ever report back from Hawaii where they’re evidently still investigating the president’s birth certificate.

In all seriousness — the upward revision of July and August’s numbers by 87,000 had as much to do with the dramatically lower unemployment rate of 7.8 percent as September’s numbers did.

If you are someone who believes in statistical trickery, there’s more merit to the idea that the Bureau’s summer reports were biased against the president than their September report is biased toward him.

Initial reports often under report the number of jobs created during any given month. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics recently revised the number of jobs created between March of 2011 and March of 2012 upwards by 453,000.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Actually, I think this may qualify as idiot quote of the day (and it’s also from Donald Trump):

    At the request of many- I will be doing live tweets during the next presidential debate.

    “At the request of many …” At the very least, it’s the most delusional quote of the day.

      Perhaps he’s refering to the voices inside his head.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Trump, on hearing the latest jobs numbers:

    “LA-LA-LA-LA-I’M-NOT-LISTENING-I’M-NOT-LISTENING!”

  • http://twitter.com/GoodDoc01 Good Doc

    Jobber, and Birther! What other angles can Trump cover (w/ exception of his hairline)?

  • trgahan

    If he wasn’t just conning us all into paying attention to him, i’d actually give a crap what he’s saying.

    • JMAshby

      Actually, I used him as a vehicle to make a different point entirely. It goes both ways.

  • willpen

    Jon Stewart had a great take down on this on tonight’s show. He played the clips of the Eric Bolling and Co spewing how “they” rigged the numbers and that the “BLS” can’t be trusted, then he showed a clip from back in January when the numbers were NOT good and Bolling sat with his arms crossed declaring that the “BLS” was a GOVERNMENT agency and they are the last word. Don’t this f’ing people listen to themselves…