If You’re A Huge Nerd Like Me, You’ll Love This Game

Place the states precisely where they belong on a map of the United States. The game measures your speed and accuracy down to the mile. The biggest pisser is when it gives you a mid-western state like Iowa early in the game.

Go play.

Good luck and don’t blame me if you blow through two hours of your day with this.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Games and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JMAshby

    88% 38 miles 187 seconds on first try. I can see where this is going so ill back away now!

  • http://www.facebook.com/logan.t.carlson Logan Thomas Carlson

    92% 11 miles 191 seconds first try. I’m with Ashby.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    The very first computer game I ever owned was “States & Capitals” on the Atari 400. It was on cassette and took about 10 minutes to load. It would draw the outline of the state on the U.S. map, ask you to name the state, then its capital.

    86% 21 MILES 198 seconds first try.

    (wondering why Ashby said “I can see where this is going”…hmm.)

    • JMAshby

      Backing away before I spend an hour on it!

        Yeah, I wish I’d thought about that cause I played with it for at least 45 minutes. :)

  • Ipecac

    90% 16 miles.

    Most of the error is because I screwed up Colorado.

    • Bob McIntosh

      same here – I lined it up with the wrong state. 98% (but 5 minutes). avg error 2 miles. I suspect Ashby is wise beyond his years.

    DAMN YOU CESCA

  • http://www.facebook.com/bobby.showers Bobby Showers

    90%, I screwed up Deleware bad.

    98%, 2 miles, 167 seconds.

    Fucking Nebraska was state #3 in the queue.

      I had Nebraska *first*.

      Still got a 90%, which I felt pretty good about until I saw your score.

      New Mexico flummoxed me several times and I have no idea why.

  • kushiro -

    88%, 26 miles, 364 secs (I am slow with the mouse). Messed up on NB, TN (by a fair bit), KY, MT, OK and one other I can’t remember.

    Not bad for a Canadian.

    If you don’t want to waste buckets of time on fun quizzes, I recommend you avoid Sporcle at all costs.

      Oh crapola, I did worse than a Canadian! I could have named them all though. :( (jk Kushiro)

  • MrDHalen

    84% 23 miles 210 seconds first try…Colorado, dam Colorado!!!

    Where does Alaska go?!?!?

    ;)

      94%, 12 miles, 224 sec

    • i_a_c

      I was looking for Russia to put it next to but I couldn’t find it.

    • D_C_Wilson

      What if you’re a republican and you don’t believe that Hawaii is a state?

  • ninjaf

    88%, 36 miles, 322 secs. Several of my first states were in the west “square” states.

  • Brutlyhonest

    I aced it by only including the States that are “real ‘Merica”.

  • drsquid

    First time I played it, I got Wyoming first. Still, 96%, 7 mile error.

  • incredulous72

    92%, 9 miles, 256 seconds on 3rd try. Did I pay attention in geography class or what?

    Don’t answer that.

    96%, 4 miles, 177 seconds

    First state: Tennessee. GRRR!

    WHOO!

    100%, 0 miles, 162 seconds

      YOU’VE BEEN DOING IT FOR SIX HOURS! CRAZY PERSON!!!!1!!!!!

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kitty-Smith/100000047475312 Kitty Smith

    94%, 9 miles 240 seconds on the first try.

  • bphoon

    96%, 6 miles, 422 seconds first try (I’m using a touch pad, no mouse, so slower). I got Kansas first but,hell, I live there. Got it perfect…

  • D_C_Wilson

    96% 10 miles 307 seconds.

    Would have done better if I hadn’t gotten Wyoming early on.