John McCain Needs To Just Go Away

John McCain is free to criticize anyone he wants, including Colin Powell, for endorsing President Obama, but this is just nonsensical and bitter.

“Colin Powell, interestingly enough, said that Obama got us out of Iraq,” McCain told the National Review. “But it was Colin Powell, with his testimony before the U.N. Security Council, that got us into Iraq.”

McCain lit into Powell on Thursday over his backing for Obama.

“General Powell, you disappoint us and you have harmed your legacy even further by defending what is clearly the most feckless foreign policy in my lifetime,” McCain said on Brian Kilmeade’s radio program.

That’s right. According to John McCrankypants, it was Colin Powell who got us into Iraq, not the bogus intelligence fed to him that Bush and Cheney all but demanded from the intelligence community.

Of course Powell was just a spokesperson for the administration. The decision to go into Iraq was ultimately left to congressmen, like John McCain, who voted to do so.

McCain also heavily criticized President Obama for supporting a timetable for withdrawal during the 2008 election and said that we should stay in Iraq for 100 years if necessary. John McCain is Mister Iraq.

I think it’s long past time for John McThuselah to ride off into the sunset.

By the way, McCain will make an “exclusive” appearance this weekend to talk about Libya.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • roxsteady

    Good points Ash! I’d like to see Powell remind this demented, diaper wearing, bastard of his vote and his pandering to the asshole teabaggers in his party just to get reelected. I’d also like to see Powell plant his foot in McCain’s grumpy, old ass but, that’s another story! Yeah, just go away you crazy old fucker! You’re not fit to shine the General’s boots. In fact, you’d have to look up to see the soles of them!

  • http://doran.pacifist.net/ Doran

    This from the same Grumpy Old White-Haired Guy who brought us Sarah Palin.

    • BuffaloBuckeye

      Right. This is from Mr. “Bomb….. bomb Iran” McCain, who also introduced the SP scourge upon us.

    • D_C_Wilson

      That decision alone should disqualify him from ever offering his opinion on anything ever again.

  • gescove

    Weeping Jesus, why does anyone still give McCain a microphone? I was ready to dismiss Powell’s endorsement – I had no use for him once he abandoned his own doctrine and lied to the UN to gin up Iraq. But now that the RW crackpots are having a collective hissy fit, I guess the endorsement is worth something after all.

    • http://simplelittleelectrician.blogspot.com/ paleotectonics

      Gen. Powell has, over the years, started to make up for the Iraq UN fiasco, and continues, not quickly, but making an effort. And not necessarily by endorsing President Obama, that’s nice and all, but he was unlikely to drag any republicans with him.
      The strong positive is that of a general with a good record in conflict (I know, weird construction, but it is what it is) calling the policy of Governor Romney, and by extension the neocons who will handle a potential President Romney’s foreign policy: “I don’t sense he has thought through these issues as thoroughly as he should have and he gets advice from his campaign staff that he then has to adjust or modify as they go along.” “I think there are some very very strong neoconservative views that are presented by the governor that I have some trouble with.”
      He is working towards forgiveness in my book.

      • Cthulhu818

        If Powell REALLY wanted to make up for Iraq, he’d be outing the Bush administration before the Hague and seeing them off in chains.

  • gescove

    Also: “Colin Powell got us into Iraq.” What a freaking joke.

  • Nefercat

    “By the way, McCain will make an “exclusive” appearance this weekend to talk about Libya.”

    Oh, goody. I will be sure to pencil that in around my catbox scooping and dog shit shoveling plans.

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    Off-topic a bit, but I see where Meatloaf has endorsed romney. Since Meatloaf will “do anything for love”, I uess this kind of makes sense.

      Damn, and I used to love that song!

      Seriously, I’m at the point where I will boycott any company or musician or whatever, that has anything to do with the Republican Party. And I have good reason, because they are literally destroying our country.

      • susan rattray

        Ditto here. I heard a song on Fox radio last week and cannot listen to it anymore. Not fair! I was just dropping in to hear what BS they were up to and a song came on and immediately i hated it. I even mute or switch channels when I see a republican’s face now.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Between Meatloaf and Gary Busey, Romney’s got the market cornered on brain-damaged stars of Celebrity Apprentice.

    • Cthulhu818

      Romney seems to collect 2nd rate never was’s around him, doesn’t he?

    McCain is still holding a grudge from 2008 when Colin Powell also made the choice to endorse Obama.

    • muselet

      Holding a grudge is one thing John McCain is really, really good at.

      –alopecia

      • Cthulhu818

        Evidently it’s the ONLY thing he’s good at, these days.

  • bphoon

    By the way, McCain will make an “exclusive” appearance this weekend to talk about Libya.

    Damn…all this and free entertainment, too!

  • D_C_Wilson

    So, McCain’s problem is that Powell helped us get into Iraq (which he voted for) and then defended the administration that got us out?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Translation: The black guy got us into Iraq.

    And here’s how McCain looked when making those comments:

  • Anonymous1952

    Has the time come to stop giving Sen. McCain a pass?

    The media refrained from pointing out that Sen. McCain was probably emotionally unqualified to be president.

    As a POW he was broken under torture. He has never presented any evidence that he received any psychiatric treatment to recover from that trauma.

    Such a trauma would leave someone barely emotionally qualified to a Senator and to serve on any committee handling classified information. That trauma and the lack of evidence of post-trauma treatment should have disqualified him for the presidency.

    If only for his own sake, Sen. McCain should retire. If fhe does not, perhaps it is time for the media to start challenging him with questions about these facts.

    • muselet

      John McCain has repeatedly demonstrated a staggering lack of understanding of any issue—specifically when it comes to his signature issue, national security/defense—but to my knowledge he’s never demonstrated any overt symptoms of psychiatric disorder.

      He is a hothead, but his reflexive belligerence is in keeping with “short man syndrome” (he’s not very tall, you know), an overdeveloped sense of honor and sensitivity about not making admiral like his father and grandfather.

      In short, he’s an arsehole. There’s no need to pathologize his behavior.

      –alopecia

      • Anonymous1952

        Thanks, muselet.

        I agree that most of McCain’s behaviors, while obnoxious and repulsive, are probably no more than the usual personality disorders of men of his background and position.

        While a victim of the traumas he suffered “never demonstrating any overt symptoms of psychiatric disorder” may mean he’s fit to serve in the Senate, the standard for the presidency should be higher.

        The absence of overhelmingly obvious or completely disabling symptoms shoud not be the standard. One can exhibit almost no symptoms in public while being emotionally unfit for a position such as the presidency.

        During the 2008 campaign while we were awash in birther and other nonsesne about candidate Obama, the media chose not to ask the most critical question about John McCain.

        What have you done to recover from one of the most horrible psychological traumas a human can suffer so that you are now sufficiently emotionally healed that we can trust you to be our president?

        In return for having a Senate seat for life and not having these hard questions asked, Senator McCain perhaps owes a bit more civility and decency.

        If not, then it is long past time for the media to end its eternal honeymoon with John McCain.

  • pcpablo

    At long last Senator McCain, have you no sense of self-awareness?

  • Sidney18511

    McCain never got over his Palin idiocie.

  • Sabyen91

    Not only did McCain vote for the AUMF, he co-sponsored it. He is more responsible for the war than most.