John Sununu is a Horrible, Wretched Man

On CNN’s Piers Morgan last night discussing Colin Powell’s endorsement of President Obama:

Sununu: Well, I’m not sure how important that is. I do like the fact that Colin Powell’s boss, George Herbert Walker Bush, has endorsed Mitt Romney all along. And frankly, when you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to wonder whether that’s an endorsement based on issues or whether he’s got a slightly different reason for preferring President Obama.

Morgan: What reason would that be?

Sununu: Well, I think when you have somebody of your own race that you’re proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him.

This guy has been a bile-vomiting disaster for months and months, yet Romney continues to retain him as his chief surrogate to cable news. Why? The answer is obvious. Romney needs a dick-ish bully to play the Southern Strategy.

By the way, according to Gallup, the president’s support among blacks is one point lower than John Kerry’s support among blacks in 2004.

Kerry 2004 exit poll support: 88% black support
Obama in June, 2012: 87% black support

Yeah, it’s all about race. Or at least it is to the Republicans who are actively stoking anti-black white resentment for political gain. Like always.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ned F

    I expected the right to dismiss Colin Powell’s endorsement as irrelevant because he’s not the player as he once was, but I didn’t count on the human shit stain that is Sununu.

  • zirgar

    Democrats always get over 80% of the black vote. Clinton got 83% and 84% in ’92 and ’96, respectively, so yeah, it’s always about race with the Republicans, except it never is. Of course, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the Democratic party at least trying to put forth some initiative and concern about the black community’s issues and it has nothing whatsoever to do with repeated GOP attempts to disenfranchise the black community at every turn. Nope. It’s just about skin color being thicker than a Republican’s skull.

    I have a great deal of respect for Colin Powell (even in spite of his playing the patsy in the run up to Iraq–not sure how much he really knew). Sununu is not worthy enough to lick the bottom of Powell’s shoes. And if ever someone needed an ass whuppin, Sununu does…..

  • Brutlyhonest

    Funny thing is, the super-racists ™ don’t consider sununu to be white (I know this because I come from a long line of them in central NC).

  • willpen

    Fuck John Sununu !!!!!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    John Sununu’s head is so pointy, you can cover it with a white sheet and it would fit his personality perfectly.

  • Treading_Water

    Of course it’s about race. Do you think old rich white men, poor white men, and wishing they were rich white men are voting for Rmoney because of his policy positions? Rmoney hasn’t articulated a single position that he hasn’t reversed, disavowed, or just plain pretended didn’t exist before. He is depending on racism and America’s 30-second goldfish memory.