Lunatic Quote(s) of the Day

The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellious children is not something to be taken lightly. -Arkansas legislature candidate Charlie Fuqua (R)

As Jedd Legum of ThinkProgress points out, Fuqua has previously called for all Muslims to be expelled from the country. You know, because they’re the evil-doers. Not the “good Christian” who thinks we should put children to death because they don’t want to eat their vegetables.

Fuqua has received financial aide for his campaign from U.S. Reps. Tim Griffin (R) and Steve Womack (R) according to the Arkansas Times.

Another Arkansas Republican, Rep. Jon Hubbard, also recently found himself in the hot seat after playing the role of slavery apologist.

If slavery were so God-awful, why didn’t Jesus or Paul condemn it, why was it in the Constitution and why wasn’t there a war before 1861?

The South has always stood by the Constitution and limited government. When one attacks the Confederate Battle Flag, he is certainly denouncing these principles of government as well as Christianity.

Arkansas: the new Arizona?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Brutlyhonest

    What could possibly be wrong when you try to force your religious beliefs on others through government?

  • drsquid

    That was actually Puritan law in the 17th Century. Attitudes toward child rearing evolved fairly quickly in the 18th, seeing children as blank slates to be molded rather than born sinners to be beaten.

  • Nefercat

    So basically, he is saying that he has no problem with honor killings and thinks they should be permissible under the law.

    Now I see what the teabaggers’ problem is with Sharia law. They believe we can and should codify our very own rill Amurkin Sharia law. It will be better because we’re #1.

    What a loathsome creature.

  • bphoon

    When one attacks the Confederate Battle Flag, he is certainly denouncing these principles of government as well as Christianity.

    When one flies the Confederate Battle Flag one endorses if not subborns sedition.

    Seriously, what color is the sky on the planet these dipshits came from?

    • muselet

      Blood red, I would imagine.

        Yeah, that fits.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    These guys need psychiatric evaluation. Seriously. They’re not at all well.

    This makes me feel……..sick, horrified, and might make me cry.

    These people are fucking despicable human beings!

    • bphoon

      It won’t make me cry but I have to admit it puts a little homicide in my heart.