Photo of the Day

Space Shuttle Endeavour making its way through the streets of California.

I didn’t know Sizzler (seen behind Space Shuttle Endeavour in this photo) was still in operation.

Fun Fact: Sizzler was acquired by Pacific Equity Partners, which consists of former founders of Bain & Co., in 2005. Yes, that Bain.

(photo via Getty)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    I don’t know about the rest of the country, but we still have several Sizzler’s in operation in Los Angeles. Where exactly was this photo taken, I would have loved to have been there.

    • MrDHalen

      Looks like it was on Manchester near the 405. I got caught in the traffic yesterday that this sparked. They decided to start moving the shuttle through the city and over our main freeway at 4pm on a Friday; not a good idea!

      Still cool and happy its in LA!

  • hamletta

    I just watched “The Aviator,” Martin Scorcese’s biopic of Howard Hughes, and this reminds me of the footage of the Hercules (the “Spruce Goose”) traveling to Long Beach harbor.