Please Welcome Mr. Brink as Our New Sunday Contributor

We’ve been following Mr. Brink’s hilarious and insightful comments on the blog for years now and so we’ve decided to graduate him up to the main page of the site as a regular contributor on Sundays.

Consider him our Sunday Show Moderator — the George Stephanopoulos of the blog. That is, if Stephanopoulos was funny and not prone to softball questions. Also, I’ve never met Mr. Brink, but I understand he’s better looking than Stephanopoulos. Plus, “Mr. Brink” is an easier name to spell and type. On second thought, they’re nothing like each other. Never mind.

Welcome, Mr. Brink! We’re honored to have you aboard.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Blogging and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    An excellent decision, Bob. (Incidentally, Mr. Brink and George Stephanopoulos are both carbon-based life forms, so they’re not that dissimilar, at least at a molecular level.)

    “I’d like to welcome the pommy bastard to God’s Own Earth, and remind him we don’t like stuck-up stickybeaks here!”

      I always wanted to know what “pommy” meant.

    • mrbrink

      Yeah! We don’t like no stuck-up stickybeaks here!

      • muselet

        And remember,

        Rule 6: There is NO … Rule 6.

          Also, too. No pooftahs!

  • Brutlyhonest

    Great news! This will allow Mr. Brink to expose himself to even more readers. Or something like that :p

    Excellent! A Sunday Special, as it were

  • i_a_c

    This is awesome. Congratulations Sr. Brink. Well deserved.

  • Amy Stone

    Excellent. Mr. Brink is one of the best commentors on the blog.

    Mr. Brink!! Congrats! :)

    • mrbrink

      If I was stranded on an island, I’d still find a way to remind you how awesome you are.

        Oh hell, I adore you, Brink!

  • mrbrink

    Thank you, Bob. But we all know George Stephanopoulos is just in it for his looks. I’m just in it for his looks, too, but at least I can keep my eyes up here, buddy!

  • laddieluv

    …have always enjoyed Mr. Brink’s musings, insights, “opines” as well as writing style and ability to “toss snark”…grins…

    …major kudos…☺

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Congrats, MrB. you’ll do much better than Georgie Boy, that’s for sure.

  • stacib23

    Mr. Brink and football – who knew that Sunday could be this good. Congrats, sir.

    Fantastic! I’ll be on the brin– err, edge of my seat every week awaiting the awesome.

  • 1933john

    Good news! Is it Mister Brink, MR Brink or em are brink?

  • roxsteady

    Welcome aboard Mr. Brink! Glad to have you with us!

  • LynnVeraLynn

    Congrats Mr. Brink!! I have long enjoyed your comments. I look forward to Sundays. :)

  • mrbrink

    Thanks, you guys. I’m not cool enough to pretend this isn’t a big deal. I’m still waiting for the cease and desist letter.

  • KanaW

    Congratulations, Mr. Brink! I look forward to reading your contributions.
    And Bravo, Bob for your decision.
    Between you, JM, and now Mr. B, there are three great writers here!

  • ninjaf

    Congratulations!

  • D_C_Wilson

    Congratulations, Mr. Brink.

  • eljefejeff

    congratulations Mr Brink, I know you’ll last longer than Stranahan did. Yikes

  • Dan_in_DE

    Hey-O! I’m stoked to see Mr. Brink is gonna be posting here — especially since I recently stopped finding time to read the comments here , which have long been punctuated with his hilarious, inciteful, scathing, and generally thought-provoking writing. Also, too: I suggested this move in the comments years ago shortly after Ashby moved to the front page — so I don’t mind saying, great idea!!!

    Congrats.

  • gescove

    Excellent… a well-deserved promotion!

    I’ll bet Mr. Brink doesn’t spend half as much time with a blow – uh – DRYER as Georgie Porgie does.

    Welcome seems wrong, since you’re a familiar face here. But welcome!

  • MrDHalen

    Glad to see you’ll be adding to the AWESOMENESS on this site!!!! Congrats!!!

  • Draxiar

    !!YAY!!WOOT!!HUZZAH!! for Mr. Brink!

  • JackDaniel07

    Goddamn Awesome Decision