Quote of the Day

It’s a little early but I believe Tim Dickinson at Rolling Stone deserves the early nod today.

Mitt Romney turned in a polished performance in last night’s presidential debate – and revealed himself to be an accomplished and unapologetic liar. In an evening where he sought to slice and dice the president with statistics, Romney baldly misrepresented his own policy prescriptions, made up numbers to fit his attacks and buried clear contrasts with the president under a heaping pile of horseshit.

Mitt Romney told enough lies last night to make your head spin. More on that later.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/james.p.lynch.5 James P Lynch

    Neil deGrasse Tyson had this bit of wisdom on Romney’s laying-off PBS’s Jim Leher and Big Bird during last night’s debate:

    “Cutting PBS support (0.012% of the budget) to help balance the Federal budget is like deleting text files to make room on your 500Gig hard drive,”

    • Scopedog

      What’s crazy is that Lehrer just sat back and took it! People can complain about Obama’s performance (and they have every right to), but Leher was a disgrace.

  • WhetherOrNot

    Yeah…..it’s like watching ‘Sybil’, the new personality #PittBull has emerged. Who will show up at the next debate?

  • gescove

    Rmoney buried himself deep with his mendacity. Check the video of President Obama addressing supporters in Colorado today:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jebDlVAcpGo&feature=player_embedded

    • i_a_c

      Damn, I’m fired up again. That didn’t take long. Check out the ad I posted below if you haven’t.

      Talk about making lemonade out of lemons…

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    JM, good stuff, thanks. I thought that last night was bleh. The Prez needed a bit more energy and “back-atcha-ness’, but there there may be an endgame I haven’t thought of. I thought Romney was ‘WTF?’ all night long. Four observations
    1. At about 15:-20 minutes in, when Romney chided Lehrer that since Obama got in first word, he should get in last word, my wife just laughed at him.
    2. Romney looked like an ass when he went through the “I’ll lower your rate but eliminate deductions” spiel. So, Mitt w/o having any numbers in front of me, does that reduce, maintain or increase my taxes?
    3. As I thought, he’d hew to the center (f*ck you teabaggers, thanks for getting me nominated) with his latest ideology to attempt to broaden his appeal. Didn’t work, Mitt, I’ve been paying attention..
    4. I’d hope that Obama campaign is putting together a highlight reel of Mitt’s flipping-flopping-contadictions-lies. Gonna make for some good ads.

  • Scopedog

    “Mitt Romney turned in a polished performance in last night’s presidential debate – and revealed himself to be an accomplished and unapologetic liar.”

    Yep. And the sad thing is, that’s all he has in his corner. Sure, I agree that the President was not at his best last night, but honestly, how could anyone overcome Romney’s bullshit fusillade and hope to point out their own policies?

    And as for those who judge using only the debates….you do know that you’ve had primaries, stump speeches, and two bloody conventions to see where the candidates stand, right? What Romney showed last night was that he couldn’t stand on firm ground, so out came the BS.

    If that’s how we win debates now, by projecting a heap of BS and lies the size of Mt. Everest–then we are in serious trouble.

    ….Oh wait, I forgot we were here before in 2000.

    Luckily, it seems that the factcheckers are out in force now, so Romney’s “victory” might well be short-lived. We’ll see.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit. That’s how Mitt Romney rolls.

    • incredulous72

      Brilliant, Vic.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Mitt’s entire strategy was to go into a rapid fire mode and gish gallup with so many lies that Obama couldn’t keep up. And with a weak moderator like Jim Lehrer, it worked.

    Obama didn’t do himself any favors. He clearly expected a debate that would be giving at least a casual enforcement of the laws. You could see his growing frustration over being constantly interrupted. Hopefully, he’ll be better prepared next time with counterpunches to Mitt’s rudeness.