Quote of the Day

The reëlection of Barack Obama is a matter of great urgency. Not only are we in broad agreement with his policy directions; we also see in him what is absent in Mitt Romney—a first-rate political temperament and a deep sense of fairness and integrity. A two-term Obama Administration will leave an enduringly positive imprint on political life. It will bolster the ideal of good governance and a social vision that tempers individualism with a concern for community. Every Presidential election involves a contest over the idea of America. Obama’s America—one that progresses, however falteringly, toward social justice, tolerance, and equality—represents the future that this country deserves. -The New Yorker endorsing President Obama

Unfortunately for Mitt Romney, money can’t buy you class.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    I am loathe to admit this, but when I look at the polls, and I listen to Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan speak, I find myself losing control of my temperament. When I hear their plans for women, minorities, the poor, social security, medicaid, medicare, healthcare, ad nauseum, I can’t believe that anyone who loves this country, or cares about anyone but themselves, would even consider voting for these people. I have come to the conclusion (and this is the part that I am loathe to admit) that every American doesn’t deserve a better country. Some people should get exactly what they are asking for.

    I want to make a few more comments to backup my point, but I find it to painful. The racism, intolerance, and inequality that Romney supporters would promote is too much to think about. You need to read the entire New Yorker article endorsing Obama. A thoughtful and insightful read. Now I will go back to my pre-debate anxiety.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Michael, you’ve perfectly encapsulated why this election is so important. Don’t give up and don’t panic. Just keep fighting!

  • missliberties

    Obama is the future.

    There is kind of good news that I keep feeling. The big money people are leaning towards Obama. Romney’s budget and his budget advisor, R Glenn Hubbard, are a bridge to another financial crises. The stock marketeers are quite leery.

    Seeing the economy improve by looking at the actual facts is convincing some monied elites that maybe Obama is okay.

    Thomas Friedman is on board with the Libyan liberation and sees much promise in Obama’s foreign policy.

    I think I feel the need moving in Obama’s direction.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “Typical liberal bias”, screeches the right wing mouthpieces.

      Holy crap, what a disgusting display….and stupid too. The mangled body on the far right is Qaddafi, not our Ambassador. WTF is wrong with the Romneys (beyond a lack of class)? Lack of a soul, empathy and basic understanding beyond simplistic ideologies…..

      • muselet

        WTF is wrong with the Romneys (beyond a lack of class)?

        Truly, I wish I knew.

        –alopecia