Quote of the Morning

“We’ve clearly entered some parallel universe during these last few days. No amount of campaign politics at its cynical worst will diminish our record of creating jobs in the U.S. and repatriating profits back to this country.” GM spokesman Greg Martin on Mitt Romney’s unapologetic lies about Jeep

Remarkably, Romney has decided that his closing argument in the final week should be an ongoing and incredibly false smear campaign against an American car company. You know, because Mitt loves cars — he’s a big car guy.

  • http://JCohenMusic.com Justin Cohen

    Wow – this is kind of awesome and crazy at the same time.

    I think Romney is so used to his lies being effective that he’s not even considering that this one could be a liability.

    • Ned F

      I honestly don’t think it will be, even if Fox News ran a video of the CEO of GM saying the same thing as his spokesman, everyone knows Government Motors is in the tank for Obama.

    I have been making the case for quite a while that Mitt Romney is an undiagnosed sociopath. (Hell, it could be diagnosed and he is on medication for all we know.) But I think this is the only way to explain Willard’s unexplainable and inexplicable hard-on for the auto companies. It is if he is obsessed about the destruction of the automobile manufacturers in this country. He clearly stated, “let them go bankrupt” in his Detroit Free Press Op-Ed. He said it. And despite all of his efforts to take it back and manipulate his words–he stated the total collapse of the auto industry was better than saving them from assured destruction and failure.

    And now he has made up this huge lie that nobody believes, has been corrected and challenged by the Chrysler CEO, and yet he has doubled-down and tripled, and quadrupled and…you get the picture.

    I think I understand it now. He can’t control the auto companies; he can’t own them or buy them. His sociopathic tendencies makes him believe that he must dominate and control. He wants to dominate and control a nation. He would have liked to dominate and control the car companies-the biggest single manufacturing sector in the country. Since he couldn’t, he decided to destroy them–or at least advocate for their destruction. He now sees the car companies as his perceived enemy–they are in the way of what he thinks he is entitled to.

    The American people need to understand how dangerously close we came to putting a very sick man in the presidency. In the next few months the stories about events from the Romney/Ryan campaign are going to scare the shit out of most Americans–I guarantee it.

    • incredulous72

      I completely and whole-heartedly agree. Just as the stories came out about the McCain/Palin campaign after the election, the level of absurdity within the Romney/Ryan campaign will come out after the election.

      And the stories will be worse than any Halloween tales ever told.

        You said it my friend…

      I don’t think he’s out to destroy the auto companies. I think it’s a narcissism thing…he can’t stand for others to think he made the wrong call.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    And the irony here is that Mitt’s daddy, George Romney, ran American Motors, and actually considered his workforce valuable. Daddy must be proud of his son for saying this shit. Not!