Should Have Opted for a Costume

Artist – David Fitzimmons

In other news, analysis from ThinkProgress shows that the Koch Brothers spent approximately $95 million on ads between April and October of this year. Karl Rove’s Crossroads has also spent roughly $95 million.

Also — here’s the latest from The Onion.

And here’s a bonus cartoon. It’s a fire-sale and they’ve all gotta go.

    Isn’t every day Halloween for Mitt?

  • rob black

    3 men basically spent almost $200 million to get what? To buy the Presidency of the United States.
    If congress doesn’t pass a law overturning Citizens United by 2016…..we will have sold our democracy. There will not be enough non corporate institutional money in the system to mount an opposition. And with all the “dark money” 501’s it wont just be the presidency, it will be every elected official down to city councilman.
    Of course, the dems don’t have the house, so they will have to publicly beat the republicans over the head with it every day until they get enough votes to make it happen….and the odds that they will do that…are long indeed.
    Banana republics weren’t this systemically corrupt.

      There will not be enough non corporate institutional money in the system to mount an opposition.

      Too true! I’ve donated more this year than I ever have before but there is no way I can keep this up indefinitely. And that’s what would have to happen…average Americans giving and giving and giving ad infinitum to keep up with the Kochs of the world. It does seem incredibly unfair and corrupt.

    Went to the Onion article and what makes it so incredibly satirical is how they keep repeating that this is how it is from now on. Really makes Americans looked stupid regarding Climate Change. I knew (and all of you probably did too) that it would take repeated natural disasters for the U.S. to wake up to the suffering that will be caused by Climate Change. All those years of other nations begging us to wake up, pay attention and do something to help stop Climate Change, all those reports of actual disasters happening elsewhere and the even worse forecasts, were ignored…..and now that it’s too late, that’s when we finally “get it”. /hangs head in shame