Super Stupid

While we’re on the subject of the auto industry, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) seems to be painfully ignorant of the current state of the industry.

via ThinkProgress

Blackburn: Oh, well, I don’t know. I haven’t talked with with the campaign staff about that. I will say this. For workers in the auto industry, across the board, whether it is GM, whether it’s Nissan, whether it’s American Motors, individuals are very concerned about the impact of regulation that the EPA and OSHA and other federal agencies are heaping on our manufacturers.

American Motors hasn’t existed since 1988. And Nissan is Japanese. Is she suggesting we should cater to Japanese companies?

As for Blackburn’s claims that regulations are hurting the industry — if that’s the case, why do American automakers continue to post their best sales in 4 to 6 years? Why are they experiencing their best sales since before the 2008 financial crisis?

Chrysler, which purchased American Motors in 1988, announced today that it increased its third quarter profits by 80 percent compared to this time last year.

I apologize for reminding you that people who have no idea what they’re talking about, such as Marsha Blackburn, are in charge of making policy decisions in this country.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • WendyTN

    I refuse to listen to this woman talk, but she’s probably mentioning Nissan because we do have a Nissan factory here in TN.

  • Lazarus Durden

    Ah Good ole Rep Blackburn. Yeah this woman is an idiot. She’s an embarrassment to TN and believe me we’ve set the bar pretty high in that department. The things she’s said over the years are just… yeah. Basically she’s TN’s Sarah Palin and just as intelligent.

  • agrazingmoose

    What a twit.

  • mrbrink

    Exhibit Q in the litany of reasons why these terrible people shouldn’t be deciding whether or not their neighbor can get a good job, or healthcare, or their civil rights.