Team Romney: God Intended for Richard Mourdock to Repeal Obamacare

During a debate appearance last night, Tea Party Senate Candidate Richard Mourdock (R-IN) said that pregnancy that resulted from rape was something that “God intended.”

(Reuters) – Richard Mourdock, the Republican candidate for the Senate in Indiana, said on Wednesday he stood by controversial comments he made during a debate in which he said that pregnancy resulting from rape can be “something that God intended to happen.”

Mourdock said he “spoke from the heart” during the debate and that his comments had been “twisted” by people. He apologized, however, for any misinterpretation of his statement.

Mourdock is sorry you chose to be offended.

This isn’t the first completely asinine thing Richard Mourdock has said, but it is the most egregious. Nevertheless, the Romney campaign has so far declined to pull this ad in support of Mourdock.

This Fall, I’m supporting Richard Mourdock for Senate. As State Treasurer, Richard worked with Governor Daniels to balance the budget and make government more accountable.

As Senator, Richard will be the 51st vote to repeal and replace government-run healthcare. Richard will help stop the liberal Reid-Pelosi agenda. With so much at stake, I hope you’ll join me in supporter Richard Mourdock for U.S. Senate.

The Romney campaign says that Mitt does not agree with Mourdock’s statements, but that they have not asked the Mourdock campaign to retract the ad from the airwaves. Because being the 51st vote to repeal Obamacare is more important than being a scumbag.

Richard Mourdock is the only Senate candidate Romney has cut an ad for.

Earlier this year Mourdock compared our tax code to slavery while complaining about the “47 percent” who pay no taxes, and described bipartisanship as “Democrats coming to the Republican point of view.”

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Brutlyhonest

    I can never get the American Taliban members to explain to me how/why their great & loving god wants women to be raped.

    Also, too: kids with cancer.

    • MrDHalen

      If consensual sex and rape can produce god’s planned child, then miscarriages and abortions can produce god’s planned no child.

      Oh, but that requires logic and we’ll have non of that!!!

      • Brutlyhonest

        I once asked a super-religious friend (now ex-friend) if (a) all life is sacred and (2) anyone who intentionally aborts a zygote or fetus should be charged with murder, then who is going to charge god for all the miscarriages? He was madder than I had ever seen anyone – even madder than the priest who wanted to save me/get me to confess before major surgery I might not survive was when I asked him the kids with cancer question (in my defense I had politely asked him to move on several times).

    • D_C_Wilson

      Because mumblemumblemysteriouswaysmumblemumbleeverythinghappensforareasonmumblemumblewecantquestionsgodswillmumblemumble.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Is it me, or is Mr. Mourdock saying that a woman should be compelled by law, under penalty of imprisonment, to endure an ongoing trauma against her will because he, Richard Mourdock, a mortal human being who is not God, or any other mortal human being who is not God, has determined that her enduring that trauma is, quote, “what God intended”?

    Am I missing something here?

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kevin-Krupski/100002308768984 Kevin Krupski

    So not only is Mittens a scumbag but delusional about how what he can do. Even if he gets his 51 votes Dem are going to filerbuster it.

  • ninjaf

    He says he believes that is a valid reason to exclude abortion exceptions for rape, but would an allow for an exception to save the mother’s life. My question is why would he feel that a pregnancy is God’s will and should not be thwarted but the possible death of the mother is not God’s will?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    This is the scumbag Grover Norquist got to replace longtime senator Dick Luger as the Republican candidate in Indiana because Luger refused to sign Norquist’s pledge not to raise taxes.

    I want Grover Norquist to die a death by a thousand beatings.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that Norquist is one of the most dangerous men in America. He holds no elected or appointed position and is accountable to no one, but his influence over Congress today is immeasurable.

        Harry Reid calls it the “Norquist Congress”.

        Romney signed his fucking pledge.

      • Brutlyhonest

        Greed and selfishness codified!

  • muselet

    Commenter “Ben Abrahamse” at TPM:

    “I wasn’t saying that rape pregnancies are God’s plan. Just that, when someone gets raped and pregnant, it’s God’s plan.”

    Which is a very good summary of Mourdock’s non-apology.

    –alopecia