The Dumbest Thing On The Internet Today

Courtesy of Politico

White voters still matter? Ya don’t say?

What gave that away? The fact that white voters are still roughly 70 percent of the electorate?

White voters are the only reason this election is even close. This is especially true for white men who favor Mitt Romney by a fairly wide margin. And if Romney weren’t leading in the South by roughly 20 points, this wouldn’t even be a contest.

If Mitt Romney wins, I think the primary lesson would be that you can buy the presidency and that lying your way into office is entirely feasible. Not that “white voters still matter.” They never stopped mattering.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/GoodDoc01 Good Doc

    I stand corrected. This is quite likely the dumbest thing on the internet…today. Sets the bar pretty high…

    • priscianusjr

      comment withdrawn

  • http://twitter.com/BloggerBarb Barbara Enovijas

    If?? and I mean a BIG if,Romney wins it will be a catastrophe for America. The only reason he will win is because of his billionaire buddies who is buying the presidency to enrich themselves even more!! The GOP forget on purpose of George W Bush’s policies which drove our country into the abyss had not President Obama stopped it. The reason we don’t truly phantom the CRISIS in every aspect possible is because of President Obama’s cool, focused,deliberate, commitment decisions he had to make to save our country. He didn’t panic or flip flop on his decisions day to day.

  • bphoon

    Who. In the. Hell. Thought of that piece of dipshit? Un-fucking-imaginable…

  • roxsteady

    This just in…The Sky Is Blue! Politico really does suck!

  • D_C_Wilson

    Well, this white dude is still voting for Obama.

  • muselet

    I don’t really expect better from what Charlie Pierce calls Tiger Beat on the Potomac.

    Politico’s James Hohmann paraphrasing Vince Lombardi:

    “White voters aren’t everything, they’re the only thing.”

  • mrbrink

    Yeah. He’s got the racists, bigots, billionaires, misogynists, Confederate sympathizers, and The Cobra Kai vote all locked up. That’s about 40% of the country right there. They’ve been bullying the rest, preying upon their insecurities, including our passive aggressive media, beating them down into fatigued-submission with relentless bullshit and hyperbole to make up the difference.

    It should tell you something that your policies alienate so many women, black people, Latinos, Muslims, small children– the entire world community.

    Nope. Doesn’t tell them a god damn thing. Tone deaf.

    It’s not rape if you can’t move their hand away to say, “no.”

      Damn. That’s one helluva last line.