“The Historical Norm”

This is a must-see video. Rachel Maddow on the history of incumbent presidents in televised debates. Pay special attention to the section about 1984.

  • Todd Cline

    Another in a series of “Jeebus, calm the fuck down, liberals! He’s winning, okay!?”

    • stacib23

      I saw her show last night. Rachel must have experienced a real “come back to earth” moment because on the night after the debate, she was agreeing wholeheartedly with Chris Matthews, and he was losing his brain.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Whatever Rachel took last night, Matthews needs to take a heavy dose of .

        • D_C_Wilson

          Really.

          He was about five seconds away from screaming, “I’m mad as a hell and I’m not going to take it any more!”

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I have something like that…

  • Scopedog

    Yep. I mean, look, he took a hit, but what good is loosing our shit going to do? Nothing.

    I mean….haven’t we been here before? Things look bad, Obama takes a hit, and yet….he comes out the winner in the end. And this is after all the rending of the garments and the wailing and gnashing of teeth.