The Toughest Man in the World

Short break from politics to say holy crapola! This guy

(CNN) — British rugby league player Paul Wood has lost a testicle after a collision during the English sport’s showpiece final at Manchester’s Old Trafford stadium on Saturday.

Wood was playing for the Warrington Wolves against Leeds Rhinos in the Super League Grand Final.

The prop sustained the injury one minute into the second half, but managed to play the rest of the match before seeking treatment.

Despite Wood’s determined effort, Warrington lost the match 26-18 to 2011 champions Leeds.
Just coming out the hospital to go home… Seriously feel like I’ve left something?
Paul Wood

“Ruptured my right testicle, got a knee one minute into the second half, had to have it removed,” tweeted the 30-year-old father of two.

He played the whole match with a ruptured ball! And they lost the match!

The next time I complain about my job, perhaps I’ll think about Paul Wood.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Sports and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • bphoon

    Just thinking about that hurts! I get your point but I’m not sure I want to contemplate that too many times…

  • gescove

    Just thinking about how painful that must have been makes my eyes water. Holy hell, that is one tough hombre!

    Heheheh Wood heheheheheh.

    Adding: I’m afraid to click on your Testicles tag, who knows what might pop out?

    Holy mother, that takes some serious cojones! (Sorry, I couldn’t resist)

  • Brutlyhonest

    Based on my observations, the chap may have been anesthetized before he stepped on the field :P

    I was at a local rugby match in Scotland years ago and watched as they essentially taped a guy’s ear back on. Stitches on the sideline is “normal” operating procedure.

    The violence in rugby is on the pitch; in football (soccer) it’s in the stands!

  • muselet

    *crosses legs, winces*

    –alopecia

  • Todd Cline

    30 year old father of two, and that’s gonna be all.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    My manparts are feeling it after reading this.