What About Your Claps?

Sure, Mitt Romney was out-matched, disjointed, and obviously agitated throughout the night, but Michelle Obama clapped for her husband of 20 years at one point in the debate! Gasp! Drudge siren!

Conservative media outlets including The Weekly Standard, The Daily Caller, The Blaze, Breitbart.com, and the Drudge Report have claimed that Michelle Obama broke the rules by joining audience applause at one point during the debate. Fox Radio’s Todd Starnes went so far as to call Michelle Obama unbecoming. These attacks come despite the fact that Mitt Romney repeatedly violated the debate rules. [...]

Prior to the debate, the campaigns agreed to a rule stating that “the candidates may not ask each other direct questions during any of the four debates.”

Nevertheless, Romney repeatedly asked Obama questions during the debate on a variety of subjects including oil drilling, the investments in Obama’s pension, and the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

This is really pathetic.

Would Democrats be complaining today if one of the Romneys clapped during the debate? I highly doubt so.

And why didn’t any of them clap? Maybe because they were too busy clinching their asses. Or in the case of Josh Romney, entertaining homicidal thoughts.

I rest my case.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Miranda

    ROFLMAO

    The rules said nothing about trying to make a candidate’s head explode with your mind.

  • Brutlyhonest

    Speaking of asshats, I just saw a Rmoney ad (not a superpac ad) saying he has flopped back to not being against all abortion so let’s talk about the horrible debt!

    I like how they’re trying to play down the fact that the crowd gathered to watch the debate loudly applauded the moderator for telling Mitt Romney he was wrong. At least, I assume that’s what they’re talking about, since that was the only time the crowd applauded.

  • gescove

    Quint in “Jaws” comes to mind: “Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark… he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes.” Yeesh… that is one creepy look. Also, it looks like every vertebra in his spine has been fused and held tightly together with a titanium rod.

    • http://twitter.com/kerryreid Kerry Reid

      Did you see the SNL spoof of the VP debate? At one point, Jason Sudeikis’ Biden says to Taran Killam’s Ryan “I’m not afraid of you, Shark Eyes!”

    • bphoon

      Also, it looks like every vertebra in his spine has been fused and held tightly together with a titanium rod.

      Nah, that’s just because he’s such a tight-ass.

  • rob black

    So now we know what Damian looks like when he grows up.
    Which one of the spawn is old shark eyes?
    Is it Tag, Crig, Blig, Marble or Flapjack…..?

    • rob black

      Oh…sorry its “Josh” is it….Nice to know the name of the character haunting my next nightmare.

    • bphoon

      LOL

      I remember John Stewart (I think) saying, in 2008, “The name of Sarah Palin’s next child? Saucer!”

  • mrbrink

    Get the fuck outta here! They’re the fucking V people, man!

    No one, especially the leader of the free world, should have to look out into the crowd during a major moment for American democracy and see several Romney faces giving you the cult-strong googly eyes. They all came out at the end, too, all 139 of them, like they had been strategically situated in the president’s sight lines to give him the lynchin’ eyes everywhere he looked.

    • gescove

      Can. Not. Stop. Laughing. “cult-strong googly eyes”

      “lynchin’ eyes”

      Exactly. Fucking creeps. It’s a damn shame these people are protected by their wealth.

    • JackDaniel07

      LMAO DONOVAN ROMNEY!!
      RIP HIS FUKN FACE OFFFFFFFFFF
      SHOOT LASERZZZ PEW PEW PEW!!
      HORSEBACK ESCAPE!!!

    • bphoon

      I particularly like “the lynchin’ eyes”.

  • http://twitter.com/GodIsDead Gern Blandston
    • bphoon

      LMFAO!!

  • gescove

    This is a great comments page! I can’t click enough Likes. I am LMAO.

    Josh is the image of his father, and he does appear to be considering a lunge at our president.

    Romney must be proud to have raised such a classless family. Of course, Ann Romney is certainly one of the most classless women on the planet.

    • gescove

      But can’t you just see the warmth between Ann and her son Josh? This campaign has provided a look into the soullessness of the uber-wealthy. Not pretty sight.

    • incredulous72

      I was thinking he looked exactly like his mother. That look of disdain that someone would even think to question them. That “Don’t you know who I am?” look.

        Yeah, I can see it! :)

    • Brutlyhonest

      Hey! Ann is a good person! I mean she used their wealth and “world-class” dressage horse to help less fortunate people deal with MS . Right?

        Indeed she did, so we’re told. ;)

        She also said “My horse has more style and more class in its hoof than they do in their whole deal.

        Translation: “My horse has more class than you people.”

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    I’m pretty sure that if I were kicking an adversary’s ass, my wife would clap in approval and support.

    Lately I’ve been thinking that Ann Romney makes Cindy McCain and Callista Gingrich appear warm and approachable.

    • agrazingmoose

      I kinda like Cindy but certainly not Callista. Cindy is the same as Mitt in inherited wealth and entitlements but she had the good sense to stay out of politics.

  • andrewdski

    I swear that’s one of the Winklevoss twins!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Like father, like son. Scary death stares. Just imagine what really went on with the Romneys behind closed doors.

      I will not.

      Not for all the smoked dark chocolate truffles on the planet.

      Well, okay. Maybe for that.

      No. Not even all the smoked dark chocolate truffles on the planet could make up for those imaginings.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Josh looks to be thinking, “Why can’t I make that n*gger polish my shoes?”

  • agrazingmoose

    That is the exact moment when Josh realized that his hopes to follow his father into politics had been dashed.

    Kudos to the photographer for capturing that.

  • D_C_Wilson
  • Todd Cline

    He looks like Rollin Hand (Martin Landau) from the old Mission: Impossible series. The only thing was Rollin Hand was a master of disguise, and Rmoney-boy can’t disguise his hatred for the president.

  • rob black

    In a related Romney family chickenshit story……
    “Tagg says he wanted to take a swing at the President.”
    I don’t think the president would need the secret service to wipe the floor with this Romney pussy……
    Tagg looking to get his ass kicked….pretty disgusting

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/tagg-romney-obama_n_1976186.html