Worst Person in the World

David Siegel, the founder and CEO of Westgate Resorts, is a dick.

Here’s an excerpt from the email he sent to every employee yesterday via Gawker

Now, the economy is falling apart and people like me who made all the right decisions and invested in themselves are being forced to bail out all the people who didn’t. The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed 42 years of my life for. Yes, business ownership has its benefits, but the price I’ve paid is steep and not without wounds. Unfortunately, the costs of running a business have gotten out of control, and let me tell you why: We are being taxed to death and the government thinks we don’t pay enough. We pay state taxes, federal taxes, property taxes, sales and use taxes, payroll taxes, workers compensation taxes and unemployment taxes. I even have to hire an entire department to manage all these taxes. The question I have is this: Who is really stimulating the economy? […]

So where am I going with all this? It’s quite simple. If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company. Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone.

Woe-is-me, my taxes may go up by 3 whole fucking percentage points! This clearly means I’ll have to fire some of you peasants.

You see, this is all your fault, because you failed to elect Mitt Romney. Now I’m going to have to put you down for biting your owner.

Siegel is a billionaire real-estate mogul who owns the largest home in America at 90,000 square feet.

If anyone ever deserved a punch in the gut, it’s this man.

By the way, someone should tell Siegel that Paul Ryan voted for the Budget Control Act which includes the expiration of the Bush Tax Cuts. And that the Republican-controlled House of John Boehner voted for the Budget Control Act. Boehner got “98 percent” of what he wanted, remember? That includes a 3 percent tax increase.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Worst Persons and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://profile.yahoo.com/UUH4MBK6V4PB45ZD72R7N5MZ2Y David

    it is way past guillotine time

    • Nefercat

      With some torches to light the way and some pitchforks to guide them along.

    • MrDHalen

      I can’t wait!!!

  • Ipecac

    Yes, fuck this guy. (Sorry, I don’t usually use such language, but fuck this guy.)

    • JMAshby

      Pretty much.

    • bphoon

      I do, so fuck this guy.

  • Edward J Dietrich

    Another victim….he needs corporate welfare….. Ugh

  • gescove

    Boo fucking hoo. What is the malfunction with these people? Good grief. Too few peasants with the good sense to fan me and peel my grapes.

  • margietalks

    Sounds like these rich cats are getting nervous or am I reading a section from Scrouge? Cry me a river. So go ahead and cut back your business because it isn’t very patriotic to try to black mail your own country. I am praying without ceasing that President Obama is re-elected… and according to the 7-11 poll it’s 60 -40 in favor of President Obama. I can’t wait for this grimness to be over.

  • JoyP

    From the looks of the guy, I don’t think I’d punch him the gut. You could lose a fist in there.

  • fabucat

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

  • bphoon

    It’s really tough to feel sorry for an asshole like this. No, strike that: it’s impossible. I can just image what it must feel like to be one of this guy’s employees and to get this email. Jeez, what a morale builder.

    I believe if I worked for this guy, I’d be dusting off my resume forthwith, regardless of who’s elected. There could be no election scheduled and I’d be looking for another job. Anything, pretty much, to avoid having to work for this douche.

    • bphoon

      Come to think of it, “douche” is too kind for this guy. How about self-centered, self-pitying, uncaring, un-Christian, un-American, I-Got-Mine-So-Fuck-Everyone-Else-Believing dickhead.

        Perfect.

  • MrDHalen

    Two words – FREE MARKET!!! This asshole can scale his business down, and someone else will pick up his market share.

    What pisses me off the most is these CEO’s understand how markets and businesses grow. All this stuff about taxes and uncertainty is all bullshit and they know it!!! It’s dishonest and destructive to our society as a whole.

    On a side note, anybody saying “I BUILT THIS!” should be dropped into a 100 square mile wildlife preserve full of lions and tigers and told to make it out on their own. If they do, they get a tee-shirt saying “I BUILT THIS!”, otherwise shut the hell up!!!

  • mrbrink

    The letter is dated Monday 08 Oct 2012 13:58:05 -0400 (EDT)

    I smell fear.

  • mrbrink

    Yo, Steve Pearlstein! check this fool!

    • bphoon

      Excellent column.

      I am entitled to…a pension equal to my current salary and a full package of insurance — life, health, dental, disability and long-term care — through retirement.

      I’d only add this paragraph below that one:

      I am entitled to deny the above to all my employees in order to increase the profitability of my company and, therefore, its share value.

  • http://twitter.com/kerryreid Kerry Reid

    This guy doesn’t seem to realize that someday, sooner rather than later, he is going to be old, incontinent, and dependent on the care and compassion of underlings for all his basic bodily comforts. (I’m assuming whatever Trophy Wife he happens to have on hand at the time will remove herself from diaper duty.)

    So it would be a damn shame if he should just happen to end up with nurses’ aides who don’t mind letting him moan in pain in his own piss-and-shit-soaked diapers for a while. You know, they will have no choice but to reduce the quality of their care because some asshat billionaire decided that shredding the social safety net so he could keep his faux-Versailles mattered more than healthcare.

  • i_a_c

    I swear that the ultra-rich are sociopaths. Not all of them, but certainly most of them. They sit in board rooms and refer to labor as “capital,” and they don’t even have to step foot in the assembly room or the retail store or any part of the company where people actually work for a living. So they threaten firings while not even batting an eye. Gotta pad those billions, ya know, I got mine, fuck everyone else.

    Now’s a good time to see if the documentary Queen of Versailles is playing near you, and if it isn’t, you can buy the Blu-ray next month. http://www.amazon.com/Queen-Versailles-Blu-ray-David-Siegel/dp/B0097RU2LO/ref=lh_ni_t

  • trgahan

    And they say Obama is waging class warfare?!?

    Need any more evidence that certain people would rather burn the nation to the ground than have to care about their country or their fellow citizens?

  • Draxiar

    So he sent this to every employee who probably hate his guts. Excellent. Let his taxes be increased by 3%, fire people, and watch the calamity of his company ensue.

    Never fuck with the people that serve you. Every business owner knows this…if they don’t something tells me they’ll find out the hard way.

  • agrazingmoose

    He also lost a sexual harassment lawsuit.

    Bluch.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    To David Siegel:

    Hey Fuckface,

    Ayn Rand was a two bit hack writing bad fiction, not the spiritual leader of the Church of Sociopathology delivering epiphanies to her well off Kool-Aid drinkers. Suck it up and pay your fair share, or your employees might go revolution on you!

  • Brutlyhonest

    Bet his P.I.T.Y. PARTY certificate is on the way from Colbert.

  • http://twitter.com/ifnotwinter Joy H.

    What nobody mentioned is that this is clearly voter intimidation. He’s basically threatening his employees with what will happen (their firing) if he has new taxes (Obama’s promise for exceedingly wealthy people like him). Utterly despicable.

  • incredulous72

    Feudalistic-Plutocracy anyone?

    I’m not surprised. These CEOs’ and fedge hund thieves have been losing their shit since Obama became president. This is their opportunity to gain complete control after having a taste of it while Shrub was president.