Worst Person in the World

Here’s a news flash. The worst thing you’ll read all morning comes to us from Mark Halperin. He evaluated the candidates with scholastic letter grades and the same pasty, sweaty-palmed douchery he’s famous for.

First, he called it the “Hofstra Hoedown.” Has there ever been a hoedown anywhere near Long Island, much less at Hofstra? Does Halperin even know what a hoedown is?

Second, there doesn’t appear to be any real methodology for coming up with the B- and C letter grades. They’re totally random and arbitrary. What’s an “A+” level debate performance? Has there ever been one? What’s an “F” performance? Oh wait! I just figured out his methodology: the grades are scientifically yanked from his bunghole.

Third, well, all of the rest of it.

Seriously, is there a more toxic hack in all of political media?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://profiles.google.com/rollotamasi13 Rollo Tamasi

    Last night was a good night for John Mccain.

  • http://twitter.com/robert3242 Robert Schiele

    Halperin no doubt believes he’s trying to be “fair” or “objective.” The truth is that, like most of the mainstream media these days, he’s part of a corporate structure that has a colossal vested interest in the crap the Republicans are trying to peddle as reality. Not that the Democratic Party isn’t infected with corporatism on a massive scale as well. It is, and obviously so. But the corporatocracy owns the Republican Party body and soul. Which just makes the continual conservative howls of protest that the mainstream media (Fox News excepted, of course) is biased toward liberals that much more preposterous. The corporate-owned mainstream media busts their collective behinds every single day of their lives to bend over backwards trying to pretend that even the most egregious statements and opinions from the Right have some kind of validity–which they clearly don’t.

  • JMAshby

    Seriously, is there a more toxic hack in all of political media?

    I think Chuck Todd is making a play for the title, but he has a long way to go to catch up.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      And David (Son of Lurch) Gregory, don’t forget.

  • freakishlystrong

    “His worst moment: Showed genuine anger and disdain during his heated face-to-face standoff with Romney.”

    Or, maybe it was the fact that Willard addressed the POTUS as though he were an errant busboy. Mark.

    “You’ll get your chance in a moment. I’m still speaking.”

    • Clancy

      My wife, already completely turned off by Romney’s earlier (non)answer about equal pay, was absolutely incensed by this moment. She correctly noted that all the President did prior to Romney’s rebuke was stand up. It was bizarrely telling of who the real Mitt Romney is: a petulant ass who believes in his own innate superiority.

      I had mentioned to friends before the debate that the danger for Mitt Romney in the town hall format was his own personality. He has very little experience interacting with people who don’t work for him or are lower in the hierarchy in his church. As a result, he’s awkward as hell at best and plain dickish at worst when he tries to connect with people outside of his comfort zone. Last night, he was continually patronizing (“That’s a good question. . .”, “If women are going to be in the workforce. . .”, blaming gun violence on single parents, etc.) or simply jerkish (to both the President and Crowley).

      The best part of this debate, like the VP debate last week, was the moderator. Unlike Lehrer, Crowley and Raddatz both exhibited fortitude in the face of the candidates trying to bluster and bully. Last night, Obama seemed to recognize that it was absolutely terrible optics to try to walk all over Crowley. Romney didn’t. I can’t help but think his complete insensitivity to this will finally put the nail in Romney’s recent uptick in support among women.

        “will finally put the nail in Romney’s recent uptick in support among women”

        I wholeheartedly agree. Every time Mittens said anything about women he implied that they were part of the problem (be it poverty, gun violence, etc) and he said nothing that he would do to help them, on any level (binders, my ass).

        I also think the recent uptick with women was an outlier–the President is still significantly ahead of Romney with women and last night just added to it.

      Charles Pierce over at Esquire talked about this particular behavior by Romney and he nailed it. Here’s the bit I liked the best:

      Wow. To me, this was a revelatory, epochal moment. It was a look at the real Willard Romney, the Bain cutthroat who could get rich ruining lives and not lose a moment’s sleep. But those people are merely the anonymous Help. The guy he was speaking to on Tuesday night is a man of considerable international influence. Outside of street protestors, and that Iraqi guy who threw a shoe at George W. Bush, I have never seen a more lucid example of manifest public disrespect for a sitting president than the hair-curling contempt with which Romney invested those words. (I’ve certainly never seen one from another candidate.) He’s lucky Barack Obama prizes cool over everything else. LBJ would have taken out his heart with a pair of salad tongs and Harry Truman would have bitten off his nose.

      Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/last-night-debate-13800806#ixzz29aneUmig

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Oh, but what joy it would have been to see LBJ and Truman actually carry out their deeds on Romney.

      • bphoon

        LBJ would have taken out his heart with a pair of salad tongs and Harry Truman would have bitten off his nose.

        Sweet.

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    Isn’t Halperin a MSM’er? Does he not think these thins through?