Yet Another Witch Hunt for Darrell Issa

The Republicans spent more than a year investigating the solar panel manufacturer Solyndra and all they got to show for it was some lousy t-shirts. They also spent more than a year investigating Fast and Furious. That too turned out to be a nothingburger.

Just yesterday House Oversight Chairman Darrell “Witch Hunt” Issa began probing the effects of his vote to cut security for the State Department, and today he’s launching an investigation into the September jobs numbers released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Because it’s all one big conspiracy.

House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) told Fox News on Wednesday that he would hold hearings into the September job numbers, buying into a widely-discredited conspiracy theory that President Obama faked last month’s figure to improve his re-election chances. [...]

BLS has flatly dismissed the allegation. “The data are not manipulated for political reasons. I’ve been involved in the process myself for almost three decades. There’s never been any political manipulation of the data, period,” Steve Haugen, an economist at the BLS, told CBSNews.com. BLS “does not at the moment have a single political appointee working in the entire agency,” he added.

The amount of time and taxpayer dollars Darrell Issa has wasted on faux scandals and phony investigations based on everything from NRA conspiracy theories, climate change denial, and the ravings of a crotchety old has-been on CNBC is a blight on congress and borderline criminal.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    “borderline criminal”

    I’d call it more like “criminal”. Honestly. It’s Republican thievery of taxpayer dollars to finance partisan witch hunts which always, ALWAYS, turn out to be Republicans jerking off.

    I, for one, am fucking sick of it! I’d like to see a citizen’s investigation of Issa, the results of which would receive primetime airspace on all networks.

    It’s only fucking fair.

  • bphoon

    Darrell Issa=grandstanding, know-nothing, anything-to-get-my-face-on-camera, visions-of-grandeur, jealous-of-Paul-Ryan-because-Issa-thinks-he-should-be-the-current-GOP-rising-star, pines-to-be-a-”Young Gun” asshole.

  • GEORGE_W_TUSH

    FUN FACT: Of all the elected officials involved in ‘Fast and Furious’ probe, Darrell Issa is the only known criminal

  • Brutlyhonest

    Has anyone seen issa’s original re-birth certificate? He says he’s a christian, but he IS an Arab-American (Lebanese specifically) so how do we know he isn’t one of those secret Muslims infiltrating the government?

    Also, too: check out the photos of boy wonder in this story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/paul-ryan-workout_n_1957452.html

    I saw the backwards hat shot and finally figured out who he reminds me of the most: GOOBER from Mayberry!

  • muselet

    This is what happens when knuckleheads run hearings:

    Through their outbursts, cryptic language and boneheaded questioning of State Department officials, the committee members left little doubt that one of the two compounds at which the Americans were killed, described by the administration as a “consulate” and a nearby “annex,” was a CIA base. They did this, helpfully, in a televised public hearing.

    The Republican lawmakers, in their outbursts, alternated between scolding the State Department officials for hiding behind classified material and blaming them for disclosing information that should have been classified. But the lawmakers created the situation by ordering a public hearing on a matter that belonged behind closed doors.

    Darrell Issa, ladies and gentlemen. Give him a big hand.

      The first rule of leaked classified material is to NOT confirm it. I guess these yahoos were too busy dreaming of their grandeur to pay attention during that part of the brief.

    • ninjaf

      What a guy!

  • zirgar

    I thought borderline criminals were illegal Mexican immigrants. Ba-doom! Pssssh!

    • muselet

      You may find this useful.

    When Pelosi takes the gavel back in January, I hope she shoves it right up Darrell Issa’s (R-Car Theft) ass.