About that Mental Competence Thing…

It should apply at the state level, too.

Montana state Rep. Jerry O’Neil (R) “is spooked enough about the country’s fiscal picture to request that his legislative pay come in the form of gold and silver coins,” the Daily Inter Lake reports.

This again? Jerry O’Neil should run for president of Glennbeckistan.

Adding… Joe Walsh, after his magnificent loss to Tammy Duckworth, is considering a run for governor of Illinois.

“You know that I believe fervently in that vision. I don’t know of many other candidates who articulate that vision. Am I going to do something? Oh gosh, I don’t know. People approach me every day and ask, ‘Walsh, are you going to run for the governor? Are you going to run for Senate?’ I want to do my part to lead a movement to present a vision to this. I’d rather go down fighting. Democrats have ruined this state but they’ve been able to do it because the Republicans have allowed them to.”

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • i_am_allwrite

    If he runs on a promise to end up in prison like the last two Illinois governors, he could win.

  • Nefercat

    “Democrats have ruined this state but they’ve been able to do it because the Republicans have allowed them to.””

    Well, then, that doesn’t say much for republicans, does it, dumbass?

  • incredulous72

    “People approach me every day and ask, ‘Walsh, are you going to run for the governor? Are you going to run for Senate?’ ”

    All those imaginary people running around in his head must be exhausting for him.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Well, at least they’re giving Bachmann a break.

      • incredulous72

        Yes, a break from reality.

  • Nefercat

    Has he considered the expression on the faces of these people asking if he is going to run for something else?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “People approach me every day and ask, ‘Walsh, are you going to run for the governor? Are you going to run for Senate?’ “

    Perhaps what they’re really saying to him is “Walsh, are you going to run away and leave us alone, please?”

  • bphoon

    I hope he does run. Pretty much guarantees a Democratic victory.