Conspiracy Theory

The perennially-amusing Representative Louie Gohmert Pyle (R-TX) is the gift that keeps on giving.

GOHMERT: What was all the rage a year and a half ago? It was the Arab Spring and how wonderful it was! This administration really embraced blowing out Mubarak – yes, do it up by all means – getting rid of Qaddafi, it wasn’t enough to send verbal accolades, this administration sent planes and bombs and support to oust Qaddafi so that al-Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood could take over Libya.

Obviously this means ousting Qaddafi was part of a secret Obama plot that culminated in the Benghazi embassy attack.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • M312

    Embarrassing. He’s like Joe Walsh’s dumber brother.

  • zirgar

    Phew! And here I was afraid you were gonna do a blog post about “Gooey” Louie Gohmert saying something really fucking stupid…

  • zirgar

    Well it does make me wonder, you know with all those people in the radio station, was there nobody that was carrying a club that could’ve stopped this idiot’s mouth more quickly?

  • muselet

    Louie Gohmert is a buffoon, but he’s not the only one pitching this nonsense. There was a letter in this morning’s LA Dog Trainer basically arguing the same thing.

    It would seem that new talking points have been distributed by Wingnut Central.

    I love how Qaddafi is now every wingnut’s BFF. They’ve all forgotten about the time Saint Ron sent planes and bombs after him.

    • rob black

      …..and about the time he blew up a 747 full of innocent civilians over Lockerbie!
      There should be somebody to shout “traitor”! very loudly every time any one of these bastards say a good word about him (McCain kissing his ass comes to mind)….I bet there are some family members of some of those passengers, and a few million of his own people.. who would like to do a lot more…
      Mumar is in hell …with Osama..where he fucking belongs!
      ……and bless Obama for helping put them there!

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-12552587

  • Chachizel

    I think Louie Gohmert & Rick Perry can do a new funnier version of Dumb & Dumber. These clowns make me embarrassed to be from Texas.

    • bphoon

      I like to refer to them as Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber.

  • bphoon

    So, Louie…a coupla things. The Obama Administration continued backing Mubarak through most of the Tahrir Square protests and only called for his ouster when it became clear his days a Egyptian president were numbered. And, while the governmental situation in Libya is pretty unsettled, I don’t think any responsible analysis would conclude that al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood have “taken over” there.

    I thought, according to your talking points at the time, Obama was “leading from behind” in Libya as well as being faulted for not consulting Congress before “sending bombs and planes and support” to topple Qaddifi. So which is it? Is Obama a milquetoast who lacks the courage to get out front or a recklessly aggressive warmonger?

    Can’t have it both ways, you dipshit.

  • trgahan

    Some needs to develop a widget for this site titled “Wingnut Right Thinks Obama is..” and have a meter moving between “Evil Machiavellian Tyrant” and “Lazy Good for Nothing (wink wink) Incompetent.”

    Though it’s understandable Gohmert would draw such conclusions, his party decieved the world to start a War for Empire in the middle east.